M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot these two pretty near to where I shot the last three - in the woods just south of the creek that runs through the middle of the property (if you draw a line due South from A on the sat pic and one due West from the dog leg corner of the property line marked in purple, right about where the two lines intersect).

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=738249589&aid=63278

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
Good shooting TEA! I understand Texas is covered up with hogs but Tennessee is trying to catch up from what I'm seeing.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
How does Wild Pig taste ??????????????????? MMMMMMMMMMMMM Bacon

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Have those hawgs passed on to that great bacon factory in the sky, or are they just resting?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took the quarters and backstraps from one hawg and let my friends take the rest from hawg 1 and hawg 2.

Roasted up one of the haunches first night back. Not enough time to smoke it out back. Tasted pretty good with salad and lima beans. Cut meat off the bone on Monday night and made stew - stock made with the thigh bone while I chopped up the veggies and cubed the meat.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Nice shooting brother. Cant wait to get back to the house and dump me a few of them things myself!

A few questions for ya......

1. What type of ammunition did you use?
2. One shot dumps, or multiple?
3. How far away were they when you lit um up?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
My younger son is over in Texas right now with MY M1A! Told him if he shoots anything not to bother coming home without pictures of it with MY M1A!

CX

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A few questions for ya......

1. What type of ammunition did you use?
2. One shot dumps, or multiple?
3. How far away were they when you lit um up?
1. 168gr Winchester Silvertips
2. The first one I hit side on high in the rump. I got lucky and missed the intestine and broke it's spine right where it joins the pelvis. A quick neck shot after I shot the second one finished it off. The second one I dropped with one shot 1/4 on just in front of the left shoulder with the exit wound just behind the right shoulder. It dropped like a stone.
3. About 30 to 40 yards.

4.The Silvertips did not seem to expand much. Clean exit wounds without much sign of expansion. I'm thinking surp would have done about as well or better.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Oh, by the way, I'm trying to decide what my best options are for an inexpensive hunting cabin on this land. No utilities, just basic shelter. I'm currently considering a used FEMA trailer or a used cargo container.

The FEMA trailer would be designed for habitation, but would require inspection prior to bidding in an auction to make sure that its not one with formaldiyde problems or that had been trashed by it's previous occupants, requiring a road trip to New Orleans.

A used cargo container would cost a bit more, but would be longer lasting and would be delivered on site. I would still need to insulate, though, either by firring it out on the inside and using regular fiberglass insulation and sheetrock, or more unconventionally with sandbags and dirt from on site (http://www.doityourself.com/stry/build-earthbag-home).

Thoughts?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts