M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock "loaded" Springfield M1A that I'd like to basically mount a scope on. I would like to be able to easily go back to "stock" config as well to shoot high power if I want.

I have a USGI synthetic stock I got from Fred that I will install the

Sadlak bipod mount in for my Harris bipod. ($40)

Blackhawk Cheek Piece ($20)

Troy Battle Rail ($250)

SWFA SS 16x scope ($300)

What rings should I got with (~$100) ?

I went battle rail over Sadlak scope mount due to receiver spec variances and easy of installation , plus it give me some more room for toys.

So we are at ~$610 + rings for the upgrade. Can I do anything better for that price? (other then trying to get the some stuff used)

USMC-1

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like the Leupold Mark 4 rings myself. Although on a budget the Super Sniper and Burris 6 screw rings are decent.
I really like the Bassett pictinney mount over the Troy battle rail. Your sights stay on and the mount is easy on and off returns to zero every time as long as you follow the directions each time. (only 2 steps really)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the Leupold Mark 4 rings myself. Although on a budget the Super Sniper and Burris 6 screw rings are decent.
I really like the Bassett pictinney mount over the Troy battle rail. Your sights stay on and the mount is easy on and off returns to zero every time as long as you follow the directions each time. (only 2 steps really)
I like the Basset , but I have heard of issues with the M1A receivers not being truly "in spec" I forget the serial of mine offhand, but its from 99-01 or so.

If I knew I could use it on my receiver, I'd like it due to the fact I won't have to remove the irons.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
The Bassett works with out of spec receivers rather well since it doesn't use the clip guide. The ARMS 18 is the one that usually runs into trouble since everything is fixed in place on it.

I'd go Bassett also.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I went through two other mounts before I finally got a used Bassett from the PX here. One could not be made to fit out of spec receiver, one just didn't give good sight picture with irons.
Save yourself time and trouble and get the Bassett. It's fast on and fast off and if you follow their directions, it will go back to 1/2 minute of where it was when you took it off every time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts