M14 Forum banner

Turner all weather sling

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Mark whiz 
#1 ·
Anybody have one of the Turner all weather slings? If so. how are they?

#3 ·
i just bought one in OD to match my M1A. it seems well made. it is solid and does not slip one your clothing. since i'm not very familiar with the 1907 style sling it'll take some time for me to get used to it. the price was right @ $42.

#7 ·
turner AWS

Got one (co-incidentally, also in OD green!)

Excellent product. Has the feel of a well broken in leather NM type sling, that kinda soft feel, but it doesn't stretch on you. Heavy duty hardware and good stitching.

The only thing to get used to is the keepers...they're made of the same All Weather synthetic, you kinda have to pinch 'em so they flatten out (and become wider) to make 'em slide. Sort of the opposite from a regular keeper.

It's all on the Turner Saddlery website...great product! :D

#8 ·
I ordered one in O.D. green also, and really like it. Due to its Biothane contruction it smells like plastic for a bit, but does not seem to stretch like leather and is very well made. A friend of mine is fresh back from Camp Perry and said there were a lot of them in use this year.

#10 ·
Now how come all you guys got the odgreen and the one I had sat on the shelf longer than any other almost before it got sold? I was starting to wonder if people didn't like the looks of it. Should I stock more of them or what. I'm sending off an order next week for more of each kind. Especially the leather NM. I personally like the AWS slings. My mules harness is made of the same stuff and let me tell you, it's strong stuff. It resists slipping as already said and I doubt will ever wear out. I got 2 left in stock right now and they are reduced. Both are black. One aws and one is the Police tactical. It's the same as the NM, just black. Turner knows their stuff about slings!

#11 ·
I picked up one in dark brown at last year's NRA convention directly from Mr Turner's hands. :D What a great guy - had a nice conversation with him. :)

The sling is a quality item.......solid construction and just does NOT slip - Period! The Seals ordered a bunch from him and didn't have a complaint one (and he said they were usually VERY picky about things) - so that's a GOOD sign for a good product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.