M14 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Better late than never... I'm just starting to caught up on work and sleep. I always have to drive straight back on Sunday afternoon. The 4 day weekend took it's toll.

I got into to Austin on Thursday about noon and met Nez at his gun club. Nez was working on zeros for a new upper and I was working a new 600 yard load.

Friday morning it was off to the Team Match (to work on fine tuning zeros) The team, Nez, Ray, Sgt Maj. Bobby Adams, and, myself. I managed to use my short line ammo on 600 ugh!!! ( This pretty much set the pace "for me" the rest of the weekend") The Sgt Maj. was fussing at me for taking too long to get my shots off at 600 (with good cause) I must say. Every one else had an okay day but was mostly working on getting ready for Saturday and Sunday.

I dragged up fresh shrimp, a my small boiling pot, and some boudin. So after the team match we retired back to Nez's and killed a bottle of Johnny Walker Platinum and had boiled Shrimp and boudin for dinner.

My performance was sub-par to say the least, all weekend but it's hard to have a bad time when you're with friends. As usually I learned a lot about myself and the HP game. Of course, It doesn't hurt when you get to go out and play the game with the equivalent of playing a round of Golf with Jack Nicklaus or Driving Nascar with Dale Earhart Jr.

Back out on the field at Camp Swift you can see all the wonderful red dirt, I was still finding that red dirt from the last time I shot at Camp Swift 2 years ago as I packed up for this trip.

Guys I don't know what you're waiting for, get up and get outside and go shoot a match. You will have a lot of fun and learn something new at every outing... even if it's " Don't let this happen to you". Plus you'll meet some good people, willing to help improve your game.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Thank you for posting.

The best part of the weekend was the retreat back to the house for some great Shrimp Boil and Boudin... We ate shrimp and we ate shrimp, I must have devoured 2 pounds worth and so did everyone and we still had left over for the following day. That treat, fresh from Slidell, made up for all our lousy performances on the firing line.
It was fun and challenging weekend, the conditions were not all that terrible, the ageing eyes got the old farts club. The vertical wind was the hardest to cope with... lol......

Neiltus, one of our forum members, was there slugging it out with his fine shooting 14. From what I gathered from him, he had a great time.
Wolley, another forum member was at the matches as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts