M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Donald Trump fired off an M-4 rifle on Thursday as he took his 'law and order' appeal to a gun range at a North Carolina police lodge.

But his campaign team wouldn't release a photo he took with police officers who joined him at the shooting range, and individual officers weren't allowed to shoot their own pictures with the presidential candidate, an officer told DailyMail.com.

Early reviews are that Trump was right on target when he aimed and fired.

'He fired several shots. I saw two for-sure bullseyes. At the distance we were I couldn’t tell you there wasn’t more,' Ron 'Duck' Wyatt, the mayor of nearby Troutman told DailyMail.com.

'It was excellent marksmanship,' the former firearms instructor for police and civilians added.

Iredell County sheriff Darren Campbell vouched for Trump's skills while introducing the mogul to a supportive crowd of police officers. 'I gotta say this man can shoot,' he said.

Full story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...just-went-range-little-shooting-practice.html

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
I'm not sure if the "DON" is a gunny like the rest of us are, but I'm sure he was taught the basic's of Marksmanship at the Military Academy he went too school at.

You beat me to it. I recall seeing a pic of him holding a rifle but not sure if it was a drill /parade rifle or not. I may be thinking of someone else.....

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, at least he didn't call for banning them or run away screaming like a little girl. I don't care where he learned to shoot or how, just that he can and he supports the 2A.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
For all you guys that were not around for the 1980 elections. Ronald Reagan was in a similar situation as Donald Trump. Reagan was the peoples choice not the choice of the Republican party. He had been a Democrat earlier in his life and became a Republican. The press disliked him and all the polls showed him losing to Jimmy Carter. The Republican leadership thought he would lose. But people came out of the "woodwork" to vote for him and he won by a margin the pundits never saw coming. And finally President Reagan was pro gun.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
For all you guys that were not around for the 1980 elections. Ronald Reagan was in a similar situation as Donald Trump. Reagan was the peoples choice not the choice of the Republican party. He had been a Democrat earlier in his life and became a Republican. The press disliked him and all the polls showed him losing to Jimmy Carter. The Republican leadership thought he would lose. But people came out of the "woodwork" to vote for him and he won by a margin the pundits never saw coming. And finally President Reagan was pro gun.
This was before my time, but it echos what I've read. Just one question, PS I'm a HUGE Ronnie fan. How the heck did the May 86 law get passed ending new Full Auto weapons? Was it attached to a bill he needed? Ronnie got things done because he knew how to work with everyone. Did he get backed into a corner and that's why May 86 occurred? I like his attitude, after someone tried to kill him he joked that his body guard was a Democrat and began to carry a gun!!!!!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
This was before my time, but it echos what I've read. Just one question, PS I'm a HUGE Ronnie fan. How the heck did the May 86 law get passed ending new Full Auto weapons? Was it attached to a bill he needed? Ronnie got things done because he knew how to work with everyone. Did he get backed into a corner and that's why May 86 occurred? I like his attitude, after someone tried to kill him he joked that his body guard was a Democrat and began to carry a gun!!!!!
Do an internet search. It was attached to a Republican progun bill by the dems in the last minute. NRA did not fight it as the progun part of the bill was a big plus. But do the search and you will see the dirty tricks the dems use.
As far as the round that struck President Reagan it was a .22 cal. bullet that
ricocheted off his limo.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Just curious, why would civilians need fully automatic rifles? From the few posts above, it seems the consensus was banning full auto was a bad thing?
Well, son, obviously you haven't been to a full auto shoot like Knob Creek. Seeing several hundred law abiding citizens enjoying the benefits of fully automatic weapons might convince you otherwise.

Apart from the recreational values of full auto shooting - removing the right for law abiding citizens to do anything that does not do harm to another person or their property eventually results in the death of a free society.

Slippery slope, and all that government intrusion into your rights and freedoms is never good, as history has shown us repeatedly.

So, yes, it was a bad thing.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am young relatively to you older more experience folks, so I'm just curious and asking why such extreme weapons designed for wars would have a place in a civilian world. Where does end then? Should a bazooka be allow for civilians too?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I am young relatively to you older more experience folks, so I'm just curious and asking why such extreme weapons designed for wars would have a place in a civilian world. Where does end then? Should a bazooka be allow for civilians too?
Sure. Why not ? If Paul Allen can own fully operational tanks with 120 mm cannon and machine guns mounted, why can't Bill Gates own a bazooka, TOW or LAW missile launcher ?

And, your question is irrelevant being as citizens are allowed to own all of the above including functional combat aircraft.

Why ? Because they are law abiding citizens. Because they have money. Because they jumped through all of the bureaucratic land mine paperwork fields, and legitimately own those devices based on permits, licenses, etcetera, ad nauseum.

I have a news flash for you - this has been going on in the USA - for hundreds of years. Quietly, legally, and without harm to the general population.

Only criminals and thugs make the news for criminal acts.

Squeaky wheel getting the grease and all of that.

Law abiding citizens and their ordinance never make the six o'clock news.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
We should be allowed to own whatever we want as long as we use it in a responsible manner. And the fact that you even stated otherwise on a gun forum blows my mind. I realize you're entitled to your opinion...........but just think about where your posting it!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
S33401:

The m14 is an extreme weapon designed for war? What are you even doing on this forum?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I probably have the facts mixed up but seem to remember something about President Reagan visiting Mexico. He gave the President of Mexico a bolt action rifle as a gift, from his own collection.

G

·
Bazookas are allowed for civilians too. To obtain one, you need a destructive devices tax stamp and clearance from the BATFE, which seems to happen all the time. For the rockets, you follow the same steps.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Just curious, why would civilians need fully automatic rifles? From the few posts above, it seems the consensus was banning full auto was a bad thing?
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

No other reason needed. I'm not going to defend a right to you. If you can't figure it out don't try to nanny state everyone else into whatever you believe.

I could argue that the internet was designed for war/gov so has no place in the "civilian world".

·
Registered
7,339 Posts

Guys like you make me love my slide fire even more...
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHPme_H34iU[/ame]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.