M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Yes, it can. You'll need to remove the rear sight assembly, the factory hand guard and the gas system (muzzle attachment assembly, front band, gas plug, gas cylinder and gas piston). The Troy Industries BattleRail has its own front band. So, you won't be needing the factory supplied front band to install the Troy BattleRail. You'll also not need the factory rear sight assembly as the BattleRail uses the rear sight pocket on the receiver as an attachment point. Attach preferred optics to the BattleRail, e.g., optical scope, dot sight or flip-up iron sights.

FYI, the Troy Industries BattleRail will fit standard, medium, and heavy contour barrels.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for getting back to me. The idea is to have the Iron sights co-witness the aimpoint. I have purchased a high comb lamanatted oversize target style stock that I will shape to fit me no matter what style sights I will be using at the time. I want it to come up fast and be dead on. Should I change the gas block and muzzel brake while I am at it? If so what do you you recommend.

JD

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
I think the M8 from Ultimak does this
That is correct.

jddonnelly, if you want a muzzle brake, leave the factory gas system and muzzle attachment in place. If you would like a flash hider, swap out the factory gas cylinder lock - front sight - muzzle brake assembly for a Smith Enterprise, Inc. M1A SOCOM gas cylinder lock - front sight base and flash hider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts