M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchase a gi stock from the px board. I tried to fit my sa m1a onto the stock. The upper lays correctly into the stock, same for the trigger assembly. When I try to lock down the trigger guard, it will not move downwards. I do not want to force the guard down and bend any metal.

Does anyone know what I can inspect? It upper fits like a glove on the NM stock. The gi stock has all the correct internal metal. Are the gi stocks a tight fit on the lockup?

Thanks..mich29er

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
You could have a problem if the trigger group isn't seating all the way in because the extended tab of the M14 sear is snagging on the inner wood. GI stocks are mf'd with a relief cut to prevent that, but it can happen that the cut is too shallow. Dab some dye or grease on the end of that tab and try again. You'll see it on the wood inside if that's the hitch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What does the trigger lock into on the reciever? I was hoping that I was just not seating the hardware correctly. I hate to start carving on the stock, but I guess this is the case.
Is this a common issue with gi stocks? If so, I bet the repo depots had plenty of work.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
trigger

locks into the receiver's lugs. On each lug is a notch that's were the trigger locks in

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Something else simpler to check before you get out the files and Dremel. The magazine latch pin (where the rear of the magazine locks in) at the front of the trigger group occasionally backs out and causes a snag when the T/G is inserted.

Last, are you SURE you're getting the T/G's spline into the receiver leg's raceway. It's easy to miss and result in failure to lock up.

Your receiver isn't flat, it's curved at the wood line. But the daylight is so slight it may look flat unless you hold it up to a light. I wouldn't think a USGI stock is the problem. I own M1A's of that SN range ('84-'85 Valley Ord) and they work fine with USGI stocks. Commercial stocks are a bigger headache to fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.