M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an opportunity to purchase a complete M14 Trigger Housing assembly at a very good price--however, none of the parts have any manufacturers marks that I can see. The owner says he got the housing along with a batch of SA Garand parts several years ago. It has the "look" of an authentic GI housing (color, etc.) but I was wondering if there was any way to differentiate this from a commercial manufactured M1a housing. I believe SAI marks most of their parts, but I am unsure of others. Anyone have any advice that could help me pin this down? Thanks...

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Try to measure the diameter of the magazine latch pin. A USGI dimension pin will be 0.123 " - 0.010 " at either end. A Chinese pin will be slightly wider at 4 mm.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Don't discount it though if the price is right. I find Chinese TGs to be quite good. Much, much better than SAI groups.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
I have a trigger group in the shop right now with no markings on the housing or any other part. It's on a Springfield M1A 295XXX serial number range. This is one of those guns with the new receiver heal markings. It appears they are dropping some details.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a trigger group in the shop right now with no markings on the housing or any other part. It's on a Springfield M1A 295XXX serial number range. This is one of those guns with the new receiver heal markings. It appears they are dropping some details.
I have one in the 285XXX Range and after seeing this I pulled mine, and it had no markings either

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
I have one in the 285XXX Range and after seeing this I pulled mine, and it had no markings either
The lowest factory built M1A serial number I know of with a trigger housing devoid of marking is 272519. If you have a M1A built at the factory like that with a lower number, let us know. TIA

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just got a brand new trigger group from numrich ( off gb)
for $75, it has no makings at all. It is allegedly from Korea (SAI)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts