M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am CLOS, this is my first post and first m1a Build

FYI Newb at m1a

I just finished putting together my trigger group and preformed all the function checks the assy guide says to do. I sourced all the parts from Fulton armory.

the hammer has a part # of c46008-5 SA

the trigger housing part# ends in -HR-N

I wanted to see if anyone has had an issue with the hammer hooks making contact with the middle part of the trigger. the hammer and trigger seem offset. the hammer and trigger work as they should but I want to see what the pros think.

Thank you

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Well, this isn't optimal. What can happen is the hammer will impact the top of the trigger and eventually bend the trigger pin. It could also damage the hammer by breaking the hook off. This is the worse case scenario and it may work out that nothing will be damaged depending on how heavy the impact is.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Is your hammer or trigger pin already bent?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
"hammer hooks making contact with the middle part of the trigger"

Not good. 2nd foto almost looks the housing is bent, on the right side.

BTW, the tip sticking out on right side of the sear is used for full auto operation. Meaning, you have a M-14 sear, not a Garand sear.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your responses. I will try some new pins and maybe a new trigger.

also you think its safe to grind the left trigger hook down a little bit?(first pic) it looks like its too long and grinding on the housing.

thanks again

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I think you should send those photos to Fulton (or just link to this thread) and tell them you aren't satisfied with the trigger group that you've assembled with THEIR parts.

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY USA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts