M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues with the fit of the trigger group as in the lock up. The gaurd Has little to no tention when snapping it into place. As far as I know I need some. Also I have about 1/16" gap at the heal of the receiver as well. Am I going to have problems. Some of my mags have a hard time even locking into place some don't. That tells me that the trigger group has to come down some the mag that has a hard time is a springfield mag the outhers are unmarked not usgi but function well only a few take a good hit to the bottom to seat em. Anyone have any ideas on what I could do? What should the thickness be on the front and rear pads of the trigger group? The trigger group is all non usgi. I have a springfield loaded in a sage mod1. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
468 Posts
The sage stock is an interferance fit, many times we have to use a large soft face mallet to force the receiver down into the dovetails. We use the space you are talking about on the heel of your receiver as a gage, there should not be a gap between the heel of the receiver and the top of the sage. ARMY1

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try that thanks but the real problem I have is the issue with the trigger group. The gaurd is way too easy to close. No resistance. Is this not a problem with using a sage stock? The magazine lips hit the reciever where it should but I'm woundering if the geomitry is off because I'm having troubles getting the magazine to latch, the magazine latch is to high. Like I said it happens to half of my magazines I almost need the rubber mallet to seat the mags. I never had the problem in two of the wood or usgi fiberglass stocks. Just woundering if I might not have dimentional isues with the receiver or the trigger housing. Oh by the way thanks for the first reply.

·
Registered
468 Posts
There are a number of SAI receivers that were somewhat out of spec when manufactured. This sounds like you have a serious problem. I would send the gun to SAI or Sage and request help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts