M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded 1 of my 03A3's for a real nice 1/18 Remington 1917.It has a couple small Eddystone parts,nice all walnut furniture and cartouche.Throat measures less than 1 1/2 and barrel looks new.I took it out yesterday and put about 60 rds thru it. It grouped really well at 100 yd target,so i moved to 300,400,600 gongs and the last 10 rds to 1000 yrd gong.The wind was brisk changing at 1000 and kept nicking either the bottom or right side.It was close enough that I was well satisfied that I had a good shooter.
I did discover real quick that the felt recoil was much different than an 03 or 03A3.It hits on the top of the shoulder on the bone.After about 15 rds,I had a abrasion,folded my sweat towel and layed over my shoulder for the rest of the time....It also took a little getting used to the cocking on lock action.Still a fun gun and a good day,finished off the day with a 100 or so rds in my 4in and 6in 41 mag smiths...

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
they are nice rifles, and typically pretty good shooters. i have a canadian/danish lend lease eddystone , and its a pleasure to shoot it. although i actually prefer my winchester P14!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Unless you dumped a pristine 1903A3, I'd say you made a nice move. I really like the 1917, and think its a very underrated rifle. The rear sight was, in my opinion, superior to that on any other WWI service rifle, and I think it is more comfortable to shoot due to less recoil (albeit at the expense of greater length and weight).

I've found mine to shoot MOA off of sandbags, though on occasion it will shoot groups to die for.

The P14 is really nice too, as mentioned. It is quite comfortable to shoot due to even less recoil.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,421 Posts
+1, I like the 1917 Enfield better, nice score. The price of these is going through the roof as well. I miss mine.
Where are the mandatory pics? GI6
m14brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts