M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace one of my rifle scopes and was wondering what everyone top 10 best and the worst rifle scope brands are.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Be prepared to answer a few questions such as - what are you planning to use the scope for, at what ranges, FFP or SFP, etc.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I own three Nikons, so one of them has to be the best, one of them has to be the worst and the other must be just plain middling.

Actually, I like all three; two Monarchs and one Buckmaster. All three together cost less than $1000. Nice thin SFP MILDOT reticles, good glass, consistent controls and great for target shooting. I'm not a hunter, so I can't address the issues most hunters face.

I could spend $1500 to $3000 for a higher-end scope, but frankly, I don't have any shortcomings in my cheaper scopes that would justify the higher prices. SFP reticle is best for target shooting at any range due to thin reticles and no need for range estimation; no zero stop, no fast two turn turrets, no illumination and slightly better glass just isn't worth the money to me.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Redfield, made in CO.

For German glass (more expensive, but cheaper than current made) would be a Z95.

As previously suggested: describe the mission of the scope and rifle?

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
i dont think you can answer which is witch. ive outshot guys that had nightforce when i was using a simmons. i wouldnt mind owning us optics, premier reticle, s&b, nightforce, etc etc.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Several folks suggested the Primary Arms 4 x 14.

It is a 30mm tube, . . . has a mil dot reticle, . . . and front focal plane technology.

It was right at $230 through Amazon, . . . and has a full 3 year warranty.

I've only had it out twice, . . . the last time I got it pretty much centered, . . . shot two groups that for me were really nice.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
8,679 Posts
I really like my NF 2.5-10x32 NPR2. Couldn't imagine being more pleased. Clear, bright, excellent reticle.

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,126 Posts
I know a guy that had a "World Class" Tasco on a Fifty BMG rifle that had over 3000 round on it before he replaced it with a Nightforce. I killed a Burris Black Diamond with 30 rounds on my fifty.
I have seen a NF last 5 round on a fifty and I know of one that has over 30,000 rounds on it.
What ever scope you buy make sure it has a lifetime warranty.

Casey

1 - 12 of 12 Posts