M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to poopoo this "list" until they picked mine as the NUMBER1 9mm handgun. The CZ-75. I like the B, but they chose the SP-01. No problem.

However, I think they have lost their minds when they also picked one of those horrible Walther / S&W frankenguns.

Anyway, enjoy the list.

PS...I was a little surprised the Browning Mk III was not on it, unless it is for current production guns, but I thought the MkIII was still current.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXhZRKtH6eM[/ame]

Enjoy. Cuss and DIScuss.

Reactions: locotonyf

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Very lame; at 2:56 they show a pic of a SIG GSR 1911 and call it a P226, then show compact P320 all while describing it as the same gun. How can anyone take this as even remotely serious.

Reactions: RetiredNSmilin308

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Very lame; at 2:56 they show a pic of a SIG GSR 1911 and call it a P226, then show compact P320 all while describing it as the same gun. How can anyone take this as even remotely serious.
Yeah, I think their rankings are way off, except for the Glock, next to last is about right......UMBR1

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
As the computer voice says, these are the 9 millimeters GI3 pistols. I guess that's why my favorite 9 millimeter pistol is not on the list, the S&W M&P9c. GI5

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I wonder what criteria they used to come up with this list, sales? sidewalk survey outside of Walmart? or someone's opinion that owns video software? While I do own a few of the guns shown, I would have came up with a different list. I guess the title states "top" and not "best"....it's all up to interpretation.

Thanks for sharing RNS, I do like seeing/reading/hearing opinions different than mine because I might learn something.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Well , The new poly-frame Baby Eagle shown wasn't even on the market when Jeff Cooper was alive , but the original CZ-75 was the 9mm he did admire and base the Bren 10 on.

Looks like this piece of fluff only included currently manufactured pistols.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Ughhhh......her voice.....I kept waiting to hear "in 800 feet turn right onto the motorway"...like my old GPS.

Rankings are absurd...

No prob with CZ75 first.....

2. Browning HP
3. Sig P226

no others need mention.......it's 9MM afterall.......; )

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I want to throw a brick at the screen each and every time they do this in movies / TV shows too. The latest was comparing a fight between the Yakuza and the Mafia. They said the Yakuza liked the P-38 but the pic was of a Luger P-08.

Yeah, I think their rankings are way off, except for the Glock, next to last is about right......UMBR1
Please, let's not stir up that hornet's nest.

I wonder what criteria they used to come up with this list, sales? sidewalk survey outside of Walmart? or someone's opinion that owns video software? While I do own a few of the guns shown, I would have came up with a different list. I guess the title states "top" and not "best"....it's all up to interpretation.

Thanks for sharing RNS, I do like seeing/reading/hearing opinions different than mine because I might learn something.
Even in the History channel's Top 10's they also show what criteria is used. I thought it funny when they talked about TANKS, they used "fear factor" as a grading criteria, and the Tiger tank was off the scale in fear factor.

I also like to hear opposing views and joined a political website for that purpose, however, most of the time I am rolling my eyes and having facepalm at what some call their educated opinions.

Where's the Luger P08 or the P38? these are the only 9mms I have.

Casey
I think the P-38 should have been there somewhere, but like others have said, maybe it was only current production pistols. I would have to disagree because a whole lot of older guns are still available.

I got my P-38 about 3 years ago, no paper at a gun show...."loophole".USN5

I love my CZ pistols!
What's not to love. You are not alone in those thoughts.

Ughhhh......her voice.....I kept waiting to hear "in 800 feet turn right onto the motorway"...like my old GPS.

Rankings are absurd...

No prob with CZ75 first.....

2. Browning HP
3. Sig P226

no others need mention.......it's 9MM afterall.......; )
Well said, but let's add 4. Walther P-38

There is one 9mm I would buy right now is the Berretta Brigadier. Mac Bolan's favorite pistol. I got to hold one once and it was fantastic. The only one's I see now are that Egyptian Helwan thing.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Lame! The voice was mind numbing!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Where's the Luger P08 or the P38? these are the only 9mms I have.

Casey
+1 on the P38.

I used to shoot my grandfathers P-38 and thought it handled and shot well.
It was in excellent condition. My grandfather took very good care of it but let me take it out on rare occasions.

He used to say, "It was only dropped once and the SS officer who dropped it, didn't need it anymore".

Never fired a Luger P08. Its on my bucket list if I get the chance.

·
Registered
290 Posts
....A Chromed Pimped out Beretta 92fs???...that's just point blank embarrassing for one of the finest battle guns ever made...maybe I'm just a little biased 'cuz I have a 92fs (Italy), 2- 92fs (US), 92fs compact, M9A1, M9A1 compact and an M9....overkill?...I think not...��

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.