M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Eye Master
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ShootingSight is pleased to announce that I (finally) have my new tool steel trigger and hammer pins available for the M1 / M14.

These are new production, made on a screw machine for a smooth surface finish, to max mil-spec dimensions. Trigger pin spec is 0.099" +0/-0.003, mine are right at 0.099". Hammer pin mil-spec is 0.187" +0/-0.002, mine are right at 0.187".

Pins are tool steel, which has been heat treated, and then had a NiB surface coating applied for the ultimate in hardness and smoothness.

The primary benefit of these pins is that the max dimensions will minimize any wobble in the trigger/hammer, so the sear edges in the trigger and hammer will be held parallel to each other, to give the most consistent trigger break.

A secondary benefit is that the hard/smooth/low friction properties of the surface coating will decrease friction and wear, fo smoother movement on the pivots.

Cost is $25 delivered for a set. These are not on my website yet. I'm re-doing the whole website, so I'm not sure if I'll throw together a page, or just wait for the new site to come up in a couple of weeks. So if you want some now, email or call me. I take PayPal, Credit card (over the phone only - no email), or you can mail me a check.

I ran these past the CMP, and they are considered legal for JC Garand matches.

Art

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Can you ship to Canuckistan?
WE poor deprived third worlders up here have mostly Chinese imopoirt M14s, and for doing a serious trigger job oin these METRIC M14 monsters, your pins would be very welcome.
[;)
LAZ 1

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I'd like a set of the tool steel pins please. I'll forward the $25 via Paypal, and I'll pick up the PP fee. PM out with particulars. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Camp Perry Service

Art, thanks again for installing your hammer and trigger/sear pins into my trigger group. Then polishing your lightweight hammer in my TG to smooth the operation, resetting the release weight on your adjustable trigger/sear, then loctiting everything, all so I could be CMP legal for Friday's Rattle Battle event. As you know, my M1A rifle was used and again saw action against Echo and Fox targets.

I appreciate you coaching us each year so we can have a lot of fun and ratchet up our scores, too.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Just received my tool steel hammer & trigger pins in the mail. They are a work of art to say the least....Making some time to install them into my Super Match, then off to the range... THANK YOU!!!!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Thanks Art ... it is frustrating for us Canuckistani natives that "gun parts" like pins and gunsmith thread screws are restricted for export to us by our closest neighbor. I have had PERSONAL experience with Canadian Customs, US customs, and Homeland Insecurity lising all sense of perspective over "gun parts".

Just as a heads up, the Canadian import Chinese trigger pin holes are usually drilled slightly undersize in the trigger housings ( dam metric). The SEI brand of hard/oversize pins will usually require a tiny bit of fitting to enter the smaller hole on the right side. Not a big deal, just a few minutes of extra work on either the tip of the pin or enlarging the hole. The big/head ends fit just fine.

BTDT a few times with the SEI pins. For a SERIOUS trigger job, start with hardened maximum size pins. The GI and especially the Chinese trigger pins may be worn down in diameter, worn on one side, bent, or even broken. Or perhaps lost in your shag rug or in the grass?? This is one very tiny M14 part that is critical to function and having a few spare trigger pins is highly recommended.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts