M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to buy some 5.56 for my new AR and I stumbled on a website I'd never used before. They had advertised some 5.56 200 round battle packs listed as some brand called BMZ. The picture showed PPU battle packs. I emailed and asked if they would ship what was pictured and they said yes. So I ordered.

This came in today
Motor vehicle Rectangle Font Automotive exterior Signage

It's not 5.56. I'm not sure who makes it. Can't even open it cause they didn't provide a opener dealie.
I should have known.

·
Registered
251 Posts
You dont need to remove the entire top, just one end. I use an old chisel and a whammer to cut the top on one end of the 54R tins for my MGs, takes a couple minutes. I have the "openers" of you want one , just pay shipping/postage. As far as 223 vs 5.56, I would not worry about it at all. just shoot it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wouldn't worry about 5.56 v 223 either. If it's produced by PPU or another European manufacturer, it may have been loaded to CIP pressure standards instead of SAAMI. The CIP standard doesn't differentiate between 223 and 5.56, and 5.56 can be fired from a CIP standard 223 barrel.

·
Registered
137 Posts
This stuff is pretty good. A buddy had some a few years ago and it gave no issues. How much did you pay?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know I don't worry about the ammo really. It just irks me that they didn't advertise it truthfully

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This stuff is pretty good. A buddy had some a few years ago and it gave no issues. How much did you pay?
I searched and couldn't find any info on this stuff. That's why I was hoping it was PPU since I know their stuff. Per can of 400 it was $219.60

·
Premium Member
3,525 Posts
Tactical ****
Ok. I tried to figure that out but couldn't. Tactical what? I just wanted to check out the way they organize their site. I don't think I frequent any sites with 'tactical' in the name. I checked tactical tailor but it didn't look like them.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok. I tried to figure that out but couldn't. Tactical what? I just wanted to check out the way they organize their site. I don't think I frequent any sites with 'tactical' in the name. I checked tactical tailor but it didn't look like them.
S- h - I- t

·
Administrator
18,335 Posts
It looks like the brass are 2nd's.

BMZ, Bishkekskiy Mashinostroitelnyy Zavod (‘Bishkek Machine-Building Plant’) in Kyrgyzstan.

Reactions: nf1e

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Boxer primed, non-corrosive, good price, what's not to like?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts