M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever seen a USGI stock that wouldn't fit your M1A?

I recently sold a heavy birch stock on eBay and got this response from the buyer:

"On Sept. 10th I recieved the gun stock. I tried to put my action into the stock but it did not fit. There was approx. 1/8th gap in between the metal and the wood and the trigger assembly would not work, unable to lock the trigger guard. Saturday I took the stock to a gun smith and was told the stock had been milled wrong. Today, sept. 13 I took it to another gun smith who stated the same. Both gun smiths said it could be fixed but costly."

I don't remember it having a excessively tight lock down (nice and tight, but not too tight).

Have any of you ever seen something like this? I have seen plenty that were too loose, but never any that were too tight!

Anyway, he's returning it for a refund.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Sounds like he may have one of the M1A receivers with the "step" on the underside:

http://www.firemission.com/m1a/underside.jpg

The step will keep the heel high off the stock & make it extremely hard to lock down the trigger group.

Send him that pic & see if his receiver looks like that. If it does, he'll have to inlet the stock for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.