M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only two M14 type rifles, but I have four stocks!!! Its a disease, I see a stock I like, I buy it. Then I have the problem of sourcing another receiver. DI4 Right now I have Two real nice dark stocks, one tiger stripe and a blonde. I use to swap out the actions frequently until I learned that it was not a good ideal. Oh well I guess I need two more rifles DI4

·
Registered
279 Posts
"
I have only two M14 type rifles, but I have four stocks!!! Its a disease
Its a disease, yes but you don't have it very bad.. I got ya beat.. the good news is they are always worth some $$ or trade stock and as long as you're willing to sell them and not a hoarder your OK.. Take some nice pics of your tiger striped stock and post them, I'd love to see. it.. B2B

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Yes collecting stocks is an addiction, you always need another to dress your lady up in.

I'll second that you post up a pic of your TS stock.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I'm having trouble with the concept of too many M14/M1A parts.........

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have only two M14 type rifles, but I have four stocks!!! Its a disease, I see a stock I like, I buy it. Then I have the problem of sourcing another receiver. DI4 Right now I have Two real nice dark stocks, one tiger stripe and a blonde. I use to swap out the actions frequently until I learned that it was not a good ideal. Oh well I guess I need two more rifles DI4
You do have a disease, ADD, Action Deficiency Disorder! You need more receivers!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
yeah, i have the same problem. i have 3 M14 types and 9 stocks: 4 walnut, 3 birch, 2 fiberglass. i swap out the stocks every so often because it feels like you have a new gun. i think that is where the addiction is.

also, because the wood M14 stocks are collector items, i always want an inventory of stocks just in case one breaks or gets too dinged.

i think i basically have one of every type of GI stock except the E2 stock. its funny because every time i go out shooting with my friends, i always use a different stock and im the only one who notices. listen to me.....i sound like a woman....lol.

it would be nice if i could have a rifle for every stock though. too many options is nice, but it can drive you crazy.GI3

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
p.s jason,

i think 4 stocks for 2 guns is normal. i think it should be standard to have 1 extra stock for every rifle. almost everyone i hear has a wood stock and a glass stock for their rifle. call it insurance, if you will......a "back up". and it sounds like you are on the right track by having two of the same gun as well. if a part breaks you already have a replacement.

·
Registered
397 Posts
listen to me.....i sound like a woman....lol.
Hmm, this warrants consideration...

Woman...

Charlene32...

I believe I understand... GI8

BTW, I have two rifles and a couple dozen stocks, though most of them are packed away for the time being.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's only one extra stock per rifle, you really need more stocks. As an example, I have 10 handguns, with at least 4 sets of grips for each ........ although my non-wood grips are micarta.
Also, please post up pictures of your tiger stock !

NAV1

·
Registered
55 Posts
One rifle for me and five stocks. USGI walnut, birch, synthetic, walnut E2 plus the stock it came with and I had a real hard time passing up on the last one I saw.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Uh, three completed M14's, two on the way and.................

4 wood, two birch, one laminated, one commercial walnut
1 wood Choate folder
4 fiberglass
1 Troy MCS

That's ten extras for now................. How'd that happen?

·
Registered
124 Posts
A couple of mine, for two M1A's, I sold the one on the left, regret. I cleaned and refinnished each one with tung oil.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WOW beautiful stocks, Id colect more but Id use it as an excuse to purchase more rifles. Ive got 4 that represent the basic wood stocks available. A tiger stripe, a dark color one, and a blonde one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts