M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 421 Posts

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some forums have threads like I increased my stores by ... but I thought a thread here encompassing a bit more would be fun.

So about anything is fair game here. Can be a new gun or more ammo. Adding food stores. Starting the garden. Learning a new skill that will help do food stores or help survive in some way.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I have completed exercise sessions ranging from 1 to 3 hours on 20 different days this month and lost five pounds. I have at least 14 servings of whole grains and 14 of fruits and veggies each week.
Your fruit bill at the grocery store must be higher than your shooting bill at the range.

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yesterday finally got around to repackaging a 64oz box of powdered milk vacsealing it into pint mason jars. Bought the box of powdered milk over a week ago.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I spent the last 30 days in the field doing gunnery, put on 13 pounds eating crappy Army food and MREs, and probably lost 6 months off my life.

Now on a high protein, no sugar, low carb diet to get my 6 months back.

Also, in the last week I bought 900 rounds of M855 and 500 rounds of 7.62 PRVI 145 grain. Does that balance out the 6 months I lost?

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Bought 20 kilos (44 lbs?) of white flour to cycle into the pantry, having taken an equal amount out to use. Since I'm now into baking my own bread, I may take another 20 kilos of that and donate it to a charity food bank, just for the sake of fresher flavour. And because I'll be using more now.

·
Read Only
2,231 Posts
Almost!

Your fruit bill at the grocery store must be higher than your shooting bill at the range.
Some of the portions were covered by orange juice we froze from our tree and the last of the jalapeños. We always have bananas around from the store and apples and pears. A lot of it is salads too.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
After reading about generator's here I got a 30 amp plug so I can hook up my generator to my breaker box. Already had some 8-3 wire to go with it.
I had to go buy more tubing for my pond aerator, mine had frozen shut and then frozen solid in the ice, got to keep my fish alive for shtf.
Bob

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Getting out of debt is probably the best thing to do if things go south. This way you won't have banks or repo guys coming after your stocked possessions because you can't pay back what you owe.

Secondly I would think that your personal health i.e. loosing that few years of holiday weight would pay off in the long run. How would you be able to survive a SHTF situation if you are suffering from health issues cause from being overweight? I know I have become a little more soggy around the mid drift if you know what I mean....

These are the 2 things I am working on, but student loans are going to be hitting me soon so we will see how I weather the storm.

Reactions: bigblock

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
Working on 20 pushups nonstop by the 27th of this month.

They day my betrothed and I have decided to quit living in sin, and get married.

I hope the sinnin' continues though.

Then it will be 50 nonstop by the end of the year.

If not you can read how far I got in the obituary.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Back pack packing in to a primitive site for a 24 hour stay. Sorting and separating out gear that is needed and not needed. Reevaluating weight of each piece of gear to lighten my pack. I walked out with a 50# ALICE pack...... and carrying about 8 excess pounds of fat around my middle........ Setting some weight loss goals as well as conditioning goals.

Great topic.... Thanks for that OP.

Hobo

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
What are you on laxatives or something?!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
What are you on laxatives or something?!
Nope, completely changed diet, portions, and my new job has me walking anywhere between 7500 and 12000 steps a day and my metabolism is stupid fast.Plus trying to shed weight for go kart racing season.

1 - 20 of 421 Posts