M14 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes. but i think the two previous owners didn't know much about how AK sights work.

the rear sight was in the wrong setting and the front sight is screwed out/up really high.

When zeroing an ak you put the rear sight in the zero setting, and zero at 25 meters then reset to the battle setting.

I'm taking a wild guess in that they used the zero setting to site in at 50 yds or better.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Cool deal. For whatever reason, my laptop is refusing to enlarge the pics; is that one built with Polish parts?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not sure if its a steal, more like going rate. The underfolder is running about $520 right now with 1 mag. Drum looks like a rear loader, $80, couple mags figure total about $60, ammo $15. Then add in taxes and case. So yeah, about $750.

either way, you didnt over pay. so grats.

shot it yet?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
A few comments on the AK 75 round Drum Magazines...

I have shot a lot of rounds through these magazines. I have never had a stoppage. They are an excellent piece of Kit. They can be left loaded indefinately, with minimal tension on the spring.

You "wind them up" when shooting is necessary.

They are shorter than the standard 30 round magazine.

I know of no other rifle drum magazine that is as reliable.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The Century Polish underfolder builds seem to be a big cut above the typical Century built AK. You did just fine on that deal. :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
The Century Polish underfolder builds seem to be a big cut above the typical Century built AK. You did just fine on that deal. :)
I have a CAI underfold an I love to shoot it. It is accurate and reliable there is not much more you can ask for from a AK!

Enjoy you got a good deal.

E

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
A few comments on the AK 75 round Drum Magazines...

I have shot a lot of rounds through these magazines. I have never had a stoppage. They are an excellent piece of Kit. They can be left loaded indefinately, with minimal tension on the spring.

You "wind them up" when shooting is necessary.

They are shorter than the standard 30 round magazine.

I know of no other rifle drum magazine that is as reliable.
DITTO...I can tell you know what you are about.

One has to keep the spring "tweeked" while shooting every now and then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts