M14 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
One of our gun orgs is filing a Federal Court case against the OIC, making a Charter challenge ( our Bill of Rights more or less ) will see how it goes. Also tons of petitions sponsored by Conservative MP’s which have to be heard in Parliament if they reach a certain number-and they have.

The one hope is that when all this pandemic stuff settles down there will be an accounting this numb nuts will have to answer for. It just feels like people are so anxious about CCP virus that no real conversation is taking place about anything else. That will change.

They also ran up huge deficits prior to this so there will be that to examine as well.

Honestly I’d just like to load him ( notice I can’t even utter his name?) into a trebuchet and launch him to Cuba or China.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Do they have people and politicians, in numbers, who are not okay with this? Or, are the handful of them all on this forum?

I haven't been to Canada a whole lot. People I met were really nice, but never really talked politics either.
Basically nobody voted for him west of the Ontario border, save for a couple of large urban centers. 4 western provinces basically all blue ( Conservative party is blue up here, Liberal party is red). Trouble is the population density in the western provinces doesn’t merit a large enough number seats in our House of Commons. With our multi party system the Libs won with enough seats to take power, but in a minority position with 3 other parties. In other words the Liberal party doesn’t have enough seats to pass anything in a vote without support from some of the other parties.

The Libs were absolutely routed in Alberta, which is our closest equivalent to Texas, and I draw the parallel in the nicest way-if only my wife and I could pack up and move the the Lone Star state or Arizona where rapid fire stage is the sound of freedom!

Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The best part- At the press conference the Mounty was asked if the shooter was carrying a “military-style assault rifle,”. Campbell replied that "police had found a weapon that could be described that way." !
WHY SO SECRET CANADASTAN ?!

·
Registered
151 Posts
One approach is a class action law suit against the federal govt, based on RACIAL DISCRIMINATION. Because the new regulations provide exemptions to First Nations Peoples, we average law abiding people of other ethnicities are CLEARLY being discriminated against.

Since POLITICAL CORRECTNESS trumps good sense and reason with our liberal govt, perhaps this approach might actually work?

One thing when the PM made that statement was such blatant contradiction to me:

Trudeau: “ You don’t need an AR15 to hunt deer”

Also Trudeau: “ If you are First Nations or a sustenance hunter you can continue to use your Prohibited Rifle to hunt until you find a replacement”

Sorry what? Didn’t you just say they’re not used for hunting?

I don’t actually have an huge issue with some accommodation for First Nations, I just noted the contrasting statements regarding suitability for a particular use.

Cognitive dissonance much Prime Minister?

·
Registered
151 Posts
The best part- At the press conference the Mounty was asked if the shooter was carrying a “military-style assault rifle,”. Campbell replied that "police had found a weapon that could be described that way." !
WHY SO SECRET CANADASTAN ?!
That was rich watching him dance around the question, and they didn’t even address the firearms used in the initial briefing, reporters had to ask them that specific question.

Then in another press conference with the RCMP Commissioner, and the minister who was in charge of the ban, the Commissioner is asked what firearms were used, she actually pauses and looks to the public safety minister to see if she can answer.

The countries number one cop, deferring to a cabinet minister if its okay to answer a question she no doubt knows as she is briefed daily by the investigators.

Yup pretty sloppy stick handling by the brass I’d say.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Feel bad for Canadians over this.
But they jail people for things they SAY.

So guns aren't a stretch - hardly even surprising.
But then, the way I understand it, like most western nations, the capitol is somewhat symbolic and the nation is run by somewhere else.
Also not surprising.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Damn, that was the closest to an AK as I think Canada could get, no offense to any Czech engineers of course.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the shape is AK inside is a complete platform
I know, hence my apology to Czech engineers who put a lot of effort into that platform.

Dunno how many other 7.62x39 platforms are left, besides something like a heavily modified Bushmaster ACR.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not all AKs are banned in Canada!
They left out the Valmet Hunter. 2000 dollar rifles minimum. Finnish made. Comes in 30-06 and 308. Once Canadians get the government cheques from the M14s, they can go buy these instead.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Looks like what CAnada got is a liberal's wet dream. The list is long coz they have compiled them since dawn of time. And when the time is ripe, they will just unroll the paper make them all criminals.

Northam Mr. Blackface himself tried the same thing w/ us here in Virginia in January. I waited to the shooting to begin but nothing happened as the liberals crawled back into their holes. I was sure the lot of them will not finish their terms due to some body dysfunctions when it is full of holes. These liberals got a taste of what will come to pass if they insist on stepping on the people. They can try that in CA or NY/NJ..but NOT in Virginia. No sirree, Bob.

Even hardcore liberals went and got firearms coz they could just feel the tension of what might happen if this goes sideways.

I gassed up my truck, readied my supplies and outdoor utensils...and the 'utensils' designed for the two-leggeds. The M14 was my choice but the trusty AR15 was not too far behind.

We are all so close to complete anarchy and some point in near future it could be a reality.

What I will do if I am Canadian is to hide them all some other means..if I have to dig up my basement and the forest. But I will not give them up willingly.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Could the next PM just sweep his pen in the opposite direction and reinstate ownership of these firearms?

161 - 180 of 181 Posts