M14 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
This is why voting is so important. If you have a problem voting FOR someone another strategy is to vote AGAINST someone. The most long lasting impact anyt president can have is appointing federal judges . . .to the Supreme Court and at every lower level.
Hi,
BINGO!!!USN5

Attachments

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
If I’m being honest with all of you, I don’t know what kind of Rights they have in Canada that pertains to owning/using firearms to began with.
I believe in natural rights so I'd say start at the top of the tree and start pruning. Not sure how close we came to that with the most recent usurpation here in Virginia. Frankly I know many still aren't happy with the limited infringement they passed either.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Hi,
Seriously though...

Has there been any push back against this in Canada???

I've seen very little about it in the news???

I even see very little about it here from Canadians?

Are they just ready to roll over and go along with it?

Admittedly, confused about this!

Attachments

Reactions: Durf and m14brian

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,055 Posts
+1 to Seagiant.

They need to show a Virginia style solidarity.

It didn't stop anything here, but I guarantee our politicians are on notice and if this bull crap went federal and we simply couldn't move to another state, statistically historically about 90%+ would not comply.
m14brian

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi,
Seriously though...

Has there been any push back against this in Canada???

I've seen very little about it in the news???

I even see very little about it here from Canadians?

Are they just ready to roll over and go along with it?

Admittedly, confused about this!
I think most folks are on the Canadian gun sites right now tracking this fiasco. It has been less that a week but plans are coming forward.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I’ve argued this position here many times. Even in the 80s and 90s. In my opinion, most folks in the US (and likely Canada) have this belief that in these modern times citizens have nothing to fear from their governments. That being armed to prevent tyranny is some “old fashioned” concept from days of yore that no longer apply to the modern world in First World nations. Ergo, why does one need to be armed to prevent something that will never happen?

It never ceases to amaze me how little people learn from history. Once one has voluntarily given up their means of resistance, the dominoes fall easily. This could well be the tipping of the dominoes in Canada. If the vast majority of gun owners willingly comply, then the die is cast.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
In 1992 Canada did an earlier version of firearms regulation insanity. Before that time, GENUINE US GI M14 rifles were "street legal" up here, as long as they had been converted to fire semi auto only. This conversion consisted of grinding off the tip of the trigger, and welding the selector to the shaft. Thousands of these rifles were sold,
WITHOUT PAPERWORK,
and legally used for hunting, target shooting, or whatever.

AND,
WITH NO DOCUMENTED CASES OF THESE RIFLES BEING USED IN CRIMES.

Even so,
some bureaucrats and politicians got their panties in a twist, and all CONVERTED formerly F/A capable AUTO rifles were placed into a NEW special C/A category, and basically became restricted to use ONLY AT APPROVED RANGES. With very few ranges being "approved".

Sneaky trick that.

So,
as a Canadian Licensed firearms dealer and Gunsmith, I had sold dozens of these rifles, legally, to customers who now could no longer, legally, enjoy their Genuine M14 rifles outside of their homes

BUT,
M14 type rifles that were designed as SEMI AUTO ONLY, were still legal.

So of course, I made a lot of middle of the night " house calls" to do table top/kitchen counter gunsmiting, where I swapped all the GI parts over to Chinese M14 receivers. The resulting CHINESE/GI hybrids were now completely legal.

And the world was a safer place.

History repeats itself. Now we have bureaucrats and politicians attempting to convince the public that guns are the problem, not their revolving door, soft on crime, politically correct criminal coddling policies. And it seems to be working for them in the population dense Eastern part of Canads, where a solid majority of people polled aprove of more stringent gun controls. Of course, the SHEEP believe the pretty illusion that "security is a actually some thing the govt wants to provide. Some of us, mostly in the Westetn part of the country, think differently.

The best LONG TERM solution is obviously a REVOLUTION and/or, WESTERN SEPERATION. But for now we Canucks need to find a quicker fix. Either we wait two years and vote the idiots out, which will mean these useless firearms regulations will get scrapped by the incoming govt.
OR,
come up with some solution that finds a loophole or technicality in the here and now.

One approach is a class action law suit against the federal govt, based on RACIAL DISCRIMINATION. Because the new regulations provide exemptions to First Nations Peoples, we average law abiding people of other ethnicities are CLEARLY being discriminated against.

Since POLITICAL CORRECTNESS trumps good sense and reason with our liberal govt, perhaps this approach might actually work?

Or more likely, the racial exemptions would be removed.

We do indeed live in "interesting times".

·
Registered
192 Posts
No we will not be right behind them, we have the second amendment, and unless it receives a two thirds vote it cannot be changed.

The Canadians will give up their weapons, we will not!

I believe it would be a bloody day here if something like that were to pass.

WE WILL NOT ROLL OVER!

REN livid about this!
Scenario: 10 years from now the left once again has the majority on the Supreme Court and Michelle is the president. There's another mass shooting and her reaction is to issue an Executive Action akin to what happened in Canada knowing the Supremes have her back. A fake challenge by the ACLU, fast tracked to the court while the left is in power, affirms her ruling. Damage done.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Scenario: 10 years from now the left once again has the majority on the Supreme Court and Michelle is the president. There's another mass shooting and her reaction is to issue an Executive Action akin to what happened in Canada knowing the Supremes have her back. A fake challenge by the ACLU is fast tracked to the court while the left is in power affirms her ruling. Damage done.
Hi,
In the end, it's weather the People wake up, and smell the coffee?

Which may not happen!

Anyone in the USA, that can not tell the difference between Donald Trump and Joe Biden...

I do not have a lot of confidence in, to save the day!!!USN4

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is this official, or does it still have to pass some governmental body?
I think it's official because it boils down to the law granting the determination of what is a non-sporting rifle to one office's (Governor in Council) opinion. Trudeau had that office render their opinion against the firearms in the list.

The fact that Canada has a unilateral system, the ability to enact laws without the Legislative branch, between the Prime Minister and the Governor General (executive power of the Governor in Council) makes them vulnerable to abuses. Trudeau has to go.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Do they have people and politicians, in numbers, who are not okay with this? Or, are the handful of them all on this forum?

I haven't been to Canada a whole lot. People I met were really nice, but never really talked politics either.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Are they going to ban Toyota Corollas and F150s too? They killed more Canucks than M14s.

Reason of banning guns are 2 things .

1.the government must do something to stay in power and make people feel safe specially after any shooting.they have no option to take an action.

2.the government is planning to take over firearms from citizens to prevent revolution.

Study and history proven in any long term debt cycle in economy growth we have protest and if firearms involved revolution will happens.

Agree with you cars on the roads are more dangerous for people. Rate is way higher.
But
Medical mistake in all over the world is the biggest death rate .
Canada.ca reported ( official Canadian government website ) 67% of death is medical mistake in canada .

Even more than car accidents.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I cannot believe that Canada has a system of government that permits one man to create a law to his liking and impose it on everyone in the country. It is time these two-bit tyrants understand that they cannot do this with impunity. No man is entitled to rule over another.
it seems according to an article this morning more and more countries esp. Europe are giving up on democracy Hungary and Poland were two of there examples now Canada seems to be?All for the New world Order ICONMAD

141 - 160 of 181 Posts