M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought as said in a Previous Post that I was A Proud Owner of a Genuine Authentic Counterfeit BRW S1 Magazine . Emphasizing the "A" as in singular.
Well now it turns out I have 21 . And this is what throws me for a Loop. 20 of these were purchased from Palmetto State Armory CMI 20 rounders in the sealed Blue Plastic. They are beyond a Doubt CMI magazines
Someone Please Chime in and Explain This for I have not n a clue
Next time I will go to 44mag.com
The Good news I found a OM i did not know I had Also a Almost Mint UHC magazine

·
Registered
788 Posts
I think Different has mentioned that some CMI mag were counterfeited to look like Westinghouse mags with a W stamped on the back. My own conjecture is that this may have been done prior to the expiration of the AWB in 2004 to get around the ban on new 20-round mags for civilians. That may also be why yours are stamped BRW. Just a SWAG on my part which may have no relationship to the truth.

Eagle 1

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Getting stuck with 20 CMI mags regardless of the markings is never a bad thingGI2. I personally do not own a single "USGI" mag and don't loose sleep over it as all my mags are CMI. CMIs ARE current issue mags, and that's good enough for me.DI5

Did Palmetto charge you a bunch for them?

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Getting stuck with 20 CMI mags regardless of the markings is never a bad thingGI2. I personally do not own a single "USGI" mag and don't loose sleep over it as all my mags are CMI. CMIs ARE current issue mags, and that's good enough for me.DI5
Did Palmetto charge you a bunch for them?
If I recall correctly I paid $23 or so for them .And I too lose sleep over nothing
I am curious as it is my nature, I always ask Why?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
My own conjecture is that this may have been done prior to the expiration of the AWB in 2004 to get around the ban on new 20-round mags for civilians
A lot of that went on. Most of those fakes in the white wrapper with a phony contract number came in circa 1999/2001. ATF thought they could not prevent them from coming in the country because they were "Grandfathered". It shows how some law enforcement who are paid to enforce gun laws, know nothing about reality.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Does anyone know anything about the 20 round CMI mags that Copes is selling?
I bought some. They are in a clear wrapper that is not sealed on one end.
They are marked "CMI", but right now I can't remember for sure if they are marked on the back of the mag or the floorplate. I think on the back.
I will be away from home for a while and can't look at them.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
They are marked "CMI", but right now I can't remember for sure if they are marked on the back of the mag or the floorplate. I think on the back.
It depends on when the magazines were made. CMI has produced marked and unmarked magazine tubes and marked and unmarked floor plates. The floor plates have the CMI logo. The magazine tubes have been marked C.M.I. or with the Springfield Armory, Inc. logo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts