M14 Forum banner

To forward cant or not to cant

1236 3
I have a pair of 700 PSS rifles that I'm setting up. I need some advice on mounts though. I want to go with a Picatinny base but everything I find online has the 20MOA forward cant for long range shooting. Badger has a flat base on their site but none of their dealers I've checked list it in their online catalog.

Does a 20MOA forward cant prevent the scope from being zeroed at 100 yards?

Outside of long range competition and military applications are there other reasons for a scope mount to be configured with a 20MOA forward cant?

I get to shoot at very long ranges about once maybe twice a year if I am lucky so long range shooting isn't much incentive if it means that the scope has to be zeroed at the bottom of its elevation for 90% of my shooting.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Aloha Djl:

I have a Badger setup with 20 MOA base and Badger Max 50 rings on a Rem 700 VLS converted to VS (simple stock change). The scope I am using is a Leupold Mark 4. I normally shoot only match grade ammo in this rifle.

The 20 MOA base will allow you to zero at 100 yds., no problem. And it does give you 20 more MOA of elevation should I decide to try long range with this .308.

IMHO, I think the Badger base will work fine for your applications.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
7 Posts
brownells sells the badger non 20 moa. I bought one form them a few months ago for my 308. If you go with the 20 MOA your 100 yards zero will be fine. My rifle is set up for 600 yards and in so I didn't feel the need for it. badgers ae the best, period. hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.