M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came to this forum when many of you weren't even interested in the M-14 much less knew its' History. I have seen many come and go and learned more than I ever expected.
I went through the blow up before and the migration away and saw members banned for many and various reasons and even got myself in trouble more than once. I am not going away because some business changes have been made and won't get butt hurt over it.
The one thing I wish the operators would do is post a picture of the M-14 , but everything else will just be dealt with.
Welcome to the New Format and enjoy the Camaraderie that this Forum has shared for so many years. John

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,092 Posts
I guess I'll hang out, I've been here a couple weeks. I guess since I paid for Premium Membership.

We all want the M14 banner and I'm sure that will get changed. Maybe the M1 Carbine is like the NEW Jake from State Farm.

The privacy concerns will not be reversed I can pretty much guarantee that. "They" already know what I have so it doesn't matter in a way to me. The problem I do see is quotes, memes, videos possibly being used/misconstrued against someone somehow.

The minor cosmetic changes the rest of us are requesting, a couple of you guys just need to chill and realize it is a disruption for most people on here that it's like the landlord came in your apartment while you were away, changed all your clothes in your closet out, took your rotary dial phone but left you a smart phone, changed all of your kitchenware, gave you a smaller but "easier to use" bed, rearranged the couch and chairs, oh yeah and painted your front door a different color. It throws some of us for a loop, some a lot worse than others. Many will adjust grudgingly, some will follow those that walked...We will lose some friends and gain some new ones, just like life I guess. I hate to see the old guys go. But I understand it, I will give it a chance but I feel just like low619 and many others, all my awards, my status, and all my PX ratings are just gone. There is nothing at all at this time that makes those of us who have been here a while appear any different than the new guy with 1 post that says he's going to go back to some AR-15 forum instead. I am "registered", where before the change I was 1 of 2 that were "honorary lifer". Many more good people on here are feeling the same upheavaI, especially if they spend a lot of time here, I hope you guys can understand instead of lashing out.

This will blow over after a while, I lurked here for years and saw the big blow up that nobody shall mention, I almost didn't join because of the behavior of some but I did and have seen a couple more dust ups but let's not attack each other like back then.

Hopefully as John said, there will be a comradary moving forward . I want to get back to more talking about our favorite battle rifle..
m14brian

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven't been here long, and just got used to the way things worked. I will be 62 soon, and not a big fan of change. However, I still have to interact with normal people (according to my wife) and that means adapting to new people, things and circumstances.

For the most part, I have figured out how to work the changes and am not uncomfortable in doing so. The logo was annoying, but I knew it would change.

Everyone should make their own decision, but I'll be staying. Theres too much value here to walk away from.

After all, I survived the screws on the banner at the Smith-Wesson Forum, I can survive anything.o_O

·
Registered
9,125 Posts
As John Crusher said, I've been around a while, got in my share of arguments with the management, got banned, saw the split of old forum, and yet I don't intend to go running to the hills crying about the sky falling.

I couldn't care less about the appearance of the forum and as far as privacy I don't see anything in my profile that alarms me, I simply don't fill anything out that I wouldn't want thrown around in public. It's seems obvious to me that the problems I had with the forum before the change was due to my malware and security software that I run on my computer. All the sponsors were trying to be very intrusive using their tracking cookies and my software wouldn't allow it so I was getting the "server busy" error all the time. It seems to me that now that I have very quick response time and no errors nobody is attempting to violate my privacy any more - that means that the forum is actually better at protecting my privacy.

Actually I'm pretty tired of hearing about somebody crying in their beer and wanting to get attention by announcing to the membership that they intend to leave the forum, who cares, leave, you aren't the commanding officer that needs to have a pass and review. We've got a lot worse things to worry about in the real world, their desire to be the center of attention isn't even a blip on my radar screen, I'd worry about more about things like dealing with diseases and revolutionaries. The inflexibility of a person to deal with such a minor issue in life really bothers me, I'm glad that these guys are leaving.

·
Registered
8,638 Posts
Well spoken boys!
One of the hardest things for me to accept in my life was things never stay the same, life is fluid.
I belonged to an IH forum, Just Internationals. It was great! The other two main ones, Binder Planet & IH Parts America didn't suit me. But Just Internationals went down because the owner couldn't afford to upgrade. We lost photo posting ability & the site became so slow it was un usable. The owner was a nice guy & had a great forum full of knowledgeable & sharing people but in the end simple economics prevailed.
The same COULD happen here, I hope not.
I will embrace the new M14Forum, it will just take a while to get used to. Kinda like a mail order bride!

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Hi,
Does not matter to me, I think it is a step down instead of up, but...

What do I know?

I left "Windows" years ago and never looked back.

That was a change!

It will work out!:cool:
1384165885024.png

1 - 9 of 9 Posts