M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried these? They are made by Tactical Night Vision Company and have been advertised on AR15 for years now, but I can't recall ever seeing one being used on these forums. If you've got one, how do you like it? I tried the cheap brand by M1Surplus and I sold it a few weeks later, but this looks like it could be good stuff.

They have a Mod. 0 and Mod. 1, with the difference being a magazine pouch or a zippered storage pouch.

·
Premium Member
18,888 Posts
Been using them for quite awhile. Nice and stable and they don't mess up a nice chunk of timber. Recently, I have been trying the Tac-Pro riser. Made of some sort of composite with rubber pads against the stock. They also attach with velcro straps.

[URL=http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_0331.jpg.html][/URL]

Semper Fi
Art

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I have a Mod 0, love it.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I went with the pouch and mine works very well. Been using for 3 years with no complaints.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Hmm, may have to get one of these in OD. The wobbly Voodoo Tactical POS I have seems to be suitable for only an airsoft gun.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I've been using the Triad tactical stock riser bag. It looks like the TNVC might have a nicer riser piece onder the pad, but it's twice the price of the Triad. Mine has been rock solid on the stock and I've had no complaints. Anyone here used both? I'm in the market for a new one for a planned bolt gun, and I'm wondering what I might get for the extra money.

https://www.triadtactical.com/All-Triad-Stock-Packs/

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Jgun I have a Triad on one of my bolt guns and a TNVC on my M1A and personally prefer the Triad due to the nylon material of the TNVC snagging on my whiskers whenever I shoot whereas the suede like material on the Triad is more comfortable in that regard.

The Triad seemed to be a little more diffcult to install and adjust properly but once properly fit it is rock solid onto the stock, I only have the Triad cheek riser without the pack so I can't compare that area but overall with the cost in mind I'd choose the Triad over the TNVC in the future.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
thanks for the first hand comparison Stevie Ray. I also like the soft neoprene like pad on the Triad, and I also like the zippered pouch on the side (better than the exposed cartridge loops) I gusee I'll probably go with another TT riser.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts