M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Thursday a friend at work asked if I wanted to go shooting at his club, of course I said sure! He had a couple of bolt action .308's that he wanted to sight in and I figured that it would be a good chance to sit down and shoot off a bench to see how my SAI Standard and Rock Ola with a Bula Barrel would do.

This is my SAI, I ended up taking the scope off and used the Irons. I was shooting at 100 yards off a bench, I had not really done any "target" shooting with either rifle since I had replaced the factory SAI rear sight with a GI rear sight and since I had built the Rock using a barreled action, Bula bolt and Bula standard barrel. I was shooting and adjusting the sights and generally having a good time, man every time I really shoot these rifles and pay attention to what I am doing, these rifles really amaze me with how well they will shoot. I had gotten both rifles dialed in to where I was happy with them, it was getting close to 7:30pm, which is the time to stop shooting, I had three rounds of Freedom Munition, 147gr, Reman Ball left and decided to shoot them out of the Rock,

those last three rounds were the three touching each other, in the center of the target, the Bula barrel is good to go! I really love shooting these two M14 clones! Owning one or more of these is great, but shooting them is way better!

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Nice!

...and the morale patch on the buttstock adds just the right touch! ICONWINK

Reactions: Glashaus

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tom great shooting and here I thought you were just a collector.GI2
Ren, I started out as a shooter, turned into a collector, and since I have been in Texas these last few years, have gone back to shooting. I still have some of my former collection, but I am having a lot more fun shooting! Especially the M14 clones!

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Looks like you had a Fun evening but the Club SUX!

The don't even let you shoot the Wall there!

Reactions: Glashaus

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like you had a Fun evening but the Club SUX!

The don't even let you shoot the Wall there!
Damn rules! That was the bench rest only range,

This is the any position range

Downrange

One of the pistol steel plate ranges.

One thing about that wall at the bench rest range, it makes shooting very loud at the bench! I will be looking forward to getting up to my hunt lease and shooting out in the open, the good thing about that shooting club is that it is less than 10 minutes from my house, just have to wait until they open membership and then decide if I want to spend the money to join.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.