M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought i would try and see if this gets in. if so i will no longer use my email address. how about a thumper for less than 500.00. i used a harrington and richards single barrel shotgun, very cheap, cut the barrel off the locking lug, opened up the frame some and welded a 1 and 1/2 bore barrel on the locking lug. welded a 2 inch washer on the face of the frame. now i have a 18 inch barrel thumper that will shoot a puter slug through a car door and you can almost stick your hand through the hole. cases are stainless steel and i have only five as they cost me 40.00 each at the machine shop. will experiment more with projectiles and let you know how they come out. it shoots and sounds just like the old m-79 grenade launcher. range is not quite there yet but as i said i am experimenting with different slugs. puter is good so far due to the weight factor in the slug. it is all legal. i couldnt get in as harley guy so here it is anyway....

· Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There isn’t a lot of ATF paperwork to go to make your own 40mm. But it is a pain in the ass just to get it all done before you can even start on your project, and if your not already part of the class three world you might want to abstain. I understand that the ATF can show up at a “reasonable time of day” to “inspect” your class III firearms. Does this mean that you are foregoing your Forth Amendment rights? I’m not sure. I have heard horror stories from other guys that their best friends, uncles, monkeys, cousin, bla, bla, quack, quack, you know the routine, had the ATF show up for a raid at 3:55 AM on Christmas morning, and killed all of the neighbors farm animals in the process. If you like to read try Unintended Consequences it’s fiction, but some wonder how far from reality it is. I can’t speak for anybody else, I’ve only ever met two ATF agents and they both seemed like all right guys, just out there doing their job, but that’s two out of a department of how many? And they certainly weren’t the guys making the rules. It’s up to you , but once you have one you might as well have a hundred. I always thought it would be cool to open my safe to show a friend something and have them say ”what the hell is that?” “it’s my M-79, doesn’t everybody have one”

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.