M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite a while back we had word on this company producing American made M14 op rods. Until the recent thread on SEI op rods, I have heard no mention of Thrustline for a long time. Can anyone fill me in on this company and their current production status?

Maybe they need to advertise here on the forum, possible group buy, or something? We need to support USA companies, especially those making quality M14 parts.GI1

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
I took photos and tab measurements of a Thrustline Manufacturing, Inc. M14 operating rod. The owner, Ray Crawford, encouraged me to fit it to one of my rifles and give it a test. He even offered to walk me through the procedure. I declined giving it a test only because I did not feel comfortable hand fitting the operating rod myself. I posted photos of the Thrustline Manufacturing, Inc. operating rod on my web site.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Cool Factor

I took photos and tab measurements of a Thrustline Manufacturing, Inc. M14 operating rod. The owner, Ray Crawford, encouraged me to fit it to one of my rifles and give it a test. He even offered to walk me through the procedure. I declined giving it a test only because I did not feel comfortable hand fitting the operating rod myself. I posted photos of the Thrustline Manufacturing, Inc. operating rod on my web site.
I like on Ray's website where he says checking dimensions or tolerance on parts after they are machined is like a parachute opening after impact. I think this guy and me would get along fine.

·
Registered
406 Posts
How are the thrustline op-rods marked?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Re: How are they marked

Different (see above post #3) has pics of one of them on page one in the "The M14 Close Up" section of his website.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Those sound like a great option. $140 is not bad at all if they are good. What are gi rods up too these days...
The prices I see mostly range from $225-300 depending on the maker and condition. Even more if they're unissued or TRW.

Makes me wonder what an unissued TRW would go for if such an animal even still exists. GI3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts