M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Month my LRB complete barreled action was received but I still needed a stock and trigger group to assemble it. I bought a really nice redone GI Stock from member Renisin (Thanks again Ren), and purchaced a HRA trigger group from gunbrokers thus giving me a complete M14 which I took to the range this morning. The rifle was fired off of a Caldwell Rock Rest @ 100yds. Results were impressive for the 1st time out.

·
Premium Member
4,684 Posts
Nice shooting... was that with iron sights?
If shooting irons you should get the NRA targets with larger black bulls and back up to 200 yds....
Good shooting...

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mighty fine rifle you've got there and it appears to be a shooter with real potential too. For the record that's what a real M-14 is supposed to look like.

7th
Looks just like the H&R M14 that I was issued in Basic Training back in 1964. When I got to Germany they issued me a Winchester M14. At that time they still had wood stocks and vented hand guards. Previous to my Army service, I had never fired anything larger than a .22 rimfire. I never stopped loving the 14. BTW Thanks for the compliment..........Lew

·
Banned
951 Posts
LRB= Gold Std...First class all the way, fit, finish, The quality is akin to the Beretta BM 62 or 59.....the Italians Spent extra time to ensure all machine work is flawless, the Park was the right color, and quality...they build shotguns and exotic cars and Beautiful works of art on 2 wheels to the same standard....Quality has a universal language .

·
Registered
321 Posts
.....the Italians Spent extra time to ensure all machine work is flawless, the Park was the right color, and quality...they build shotguns, exotic cars, and motorcycles to the same standard....Quality has a universal language .
...fixed it for ya GI1

OP: awesome rifle you have there! They just don't get any better than an M14!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Looks like the shooter and rifle have met! I can see both of you running along the beach toward each other!! Violins...BURNT POWDER...Congrats!

Jack

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Thats a really nice rifle. I love my 2 lrbs. their new production receivers are the best they have produced since starting(ive owned 6 over the years from the very early dot matrix, a couple in the 2xxx range and 3 in the 3xxx range). they are constantly improving as any m14 receiver maker should. I barreled and headspaced my receiver last saturday and I got my small parts in today from treeline. i should have all the parts to complete it within a week. I really hope my rifle or more importantly me gets the groups you got, great shooting and rifle!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts