1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts From Six .....

huntinghawk said:
Don't have one. Don't want one.
I could'nt have said it any better myself and although I respect others decisions to own one of these "things" I for one will simply let it go at that and hope that those will respect mine for they did not see what I did so many many years ago and "nothing" they can improve on these "things" will ever change my mind .....

If it "wasnt broke" (and the M14 was most definately not) then why did they "attempt to fix it" ..... :roll:

Those high mucky-mucks who were not out there with their a$$ hangin' in the breeze that lined their pockets with blood money (Our blood ... not theirs) should be ashamed of themselves .....

[http://www.photobucket.com/albums/0603/SixTGunr255/9ca657d0.jpg]

I'm thankful to have had my SixT during maximum pucker factors .....

Six Out!

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have to agree with you SixT on the M16 is not the battle rifle the M14 was. I was just thinking they are Ok for target shooting, Why the government
ever got rid of the M14 is beyond me. You vets that have had to depend
on your weapon would know alot more about it than I would ever know.
And our government should give our men, the best rifle there is (the m14).

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Couldn't have said it better myself guys.
And the M-16 is still costing lives. Look at the maintenance unit that was ambushed in Iraq.
Only other countries that have M-16 have them becuse our gov't gave them to them.

HH

·
Registered
51 Posts
Six. Man you can say all that needs to be said perfect. We can tell by their boots that this a "BATA" mfg. boot. This also could have put this photo as early as '65 but i have no way of knowing how late it might have been. Just like the slant pocket jungle jackets usually will tell the years somewhat. It's like i'm stuck in a time back then and my brain will just not let go. Hang tough everyone. "BIRD DOG"

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Wow SixT, I know I wouldnt want to stake my life on the AR and with this post I know I wouldnt. That almost wants me to get rid of my AR collection but then I dont ever plan on using one in SHTF scenerio. I have the big boys for that. The AR is a great rifle to have fun with :p , but it makes me sad :cry: to know that our troops are using these things that are to small to deer hunt with.

·
Rest in peace
1,399 Posts
The weapon was pushed into operation by a fool. A highly placed fool. Because of this, and the militaries refusal to believe their own eyes and ears, good men died needlessly. The fool is long dead, and I hope that he was consigned to the deepest pit in hell for eternity. The military just keeps pouring money into the black hole that is the M16. Most of today's troops, and especially those in Special Forces, have no other weapon to compare against, and are used to the idea of cleaning more than firing. You'd think the damned things were helicopters!!

We were also only issued one cleaning kit per every three rifles issued. Had a neat little comic book instead. It told us that the gas system was self-cleaning, and the weapon needed little or no cleaning. What amazes me is that, even when the "powder problems" were solved, the cheesy things STILL jam like it was a design flaw. Proves that, like in education, throwing money can't correct a basic error in concept. :twisted:

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
It's funny how most everyone I told that Mattel made M-16s and that it was written on the side, all thought I was kidding and was actually talking about the toy ones. It's a shame that they were so close in reality......

·
Registered
485 Posts
I've told some of this across the street; I guess I'll tell it again here. When I was fixing to buy my Mini-14, the so-called "experts" at the gun shop (the one I quit going to after beng insulted after 15 years as a repeat customer) tried their best to talk me into buying an AR15. (Same mousegun caliber, but the difference in the actions is why I picked the Mini.) They claimed the AR was so much more accurate than the Ruger. I told 'em what I understood at that point about all the trouble with the M16 in Vietnam which ya'll have talked about- I read some on Culver's pages before I signed on these boards. (They had M1As too, but I couldn't afford one at the time.) Way I figured it, for every arguement they made for the AR's accuracy, there was at least twice that for the Garand-type actions reliability. They gave up on trying to sell me the AR after a couple of months. And FWIW, I have my name on the list for a Danish SG M1 from CMP now. If I can find an M1A/M14 I can afford, I'm thinking serieously about picking it up. But knowing what ya'll have said about what ya'll went through and about how many didn't make it because of the M16, there's a snowball's chance in hell I'll have one.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
M-16

There's A Wall with names inscribed with the failure of things forgotten.

God forgive us.

Van Hahner

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hiya Van ... :wink:

Welcome aboard sir ...

There goes the neighborhood ... :D

Six

1 - 13 of 13 Posts