M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently deployed and purchased a M1A Springfield Armory, Scout, walnut stock. They are holding of for me till I get home (several months).

I had sold my last scout some time ago and regretted it right after.

This one will stay with me.

Now it has become a research project. Mounts/rings/scope in the works.

Yes plenty of ammo already ordered. (640 rounds of radway green)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the catch, I just cancelled the order, I did not see it was berdan primed.
My goal is to reload down the road.

You'll need more than 640 rounds of Radway Green.
Which is excellent ammo by the way, but it has Berdan primers
and can't be reloaded.

Buy some Prvi Partizan.
It's excellent ammo and is reloadable with boxer primers,
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...+Partizan+.308+FMJ+145grn+20rd+Box&groupid=26

You're going to need lot's of ammo, cause the M1A Scout is a hungery
beast.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Congratulations on the find!

The Scout is a great little platform and lends itself to "experimenting", as I well know.

Mine has a fiberglass stock, so I used carbon arrows to strengthen the forearm, bedded the receiver, replaced the gas cylinder with an SEI, Sadlak piston, Smith Vortex direct connect, replaced the trigger housing "mine had pretty soft steel), replaced the Op spring with a Tubb, and added a red dot holo sight to the fore end with a QD ARMS mount.

Barrel not the greatest, but I am going to try the Tubb fire lapping ammunition before I give up on it.

Always something to "experiment with". Get a 5 round mag for hunting. It is a great rifle for those texas boar. I moved to CO from TX recently, and miss helping rid the world of those hogs.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me know how the Tubb lapping ammo goes, very curious about it.

Post some pics of your rifle, curious to see your use of carbon arrow on the stock.

Good point about the five round mags. But on hog hunting is there a mag capacity limit in Texas?

Stationed out of Kansas right now, ready to get back to try out the rifle.

Congratulations on the find!

The Scout is a great little platform and lends itself to "experimenting", as I well know.

Mine has a fiberglass stock, so I used carbon arrows to strengthen the forearm, bedded the receiver, replaced the gas cylinder with an SEI, Sadlak piston, Smith Vortex direct connect, replaced the trigger housing "mine had pretty soft steel), replaced the Op spring with a Tubb, and added a red dot holo sight to the fore end with a QD ARMS mount.

Barrel not the greatest, but I am going to try the Tubb fire lapping ammunition before I give up on it.

Always something to "experiment with". Get a 5 round mag for hunting. It is a great rifle for those texas boar. I moved to CO from TX recently, and miss helping rid the world of those hogs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.