1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
261 Posts
i ran across this on another forum and didnt believe it. people are known to make fakes and post them up as being real. so i went to the UNs website to verify it and sure enough, its real alright. thoughts?

https://inspira.un.org/psc/UNCAREERS/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/UN_CUSTOMIZATIONS.UN_JOB_DETAIL.GBL?Page=UN_JOB_DETAIL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=34627
The U.N is a "nutless" entity..Which goes for stuff you wish they could do something about, as well as them trying to disarm Americans, and others.. Ain't going to happen...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Honestly this isn't "news" and any DDR employes would be getting deployed to places like the middle east and central Africa most likely.

The un knows that if they sent their blue pot troopers here that there'd likely end up starting a second civil war.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
my county leaders actually have discussed our sherrifs dept preparing to fight UN troops.

a friend of my dads was talking about a soldier being court martialed for refusing to don a blue helmet, wish i knew the name. next time we get together ill ask, anyone know of this.

the real purpose of the small arms treaty was to prevent nations and especially private rich guys from selling guns to be used in african genocide. not saying the agreements are good.

i think i would be in favor of banning weapon sales to the continent of africa but the UN treaty writers were too stuck up to listen to the NRAs revisions. we could have signed that treaty with an exemption for the people of america to keep and bear.

howver guns are a more humane way to die than machete so theres no point.

the us doesnt need the Un to disarm new york. there would be battles.

in the words of our county judge

" it would be like lexington and concord"

dont forget texas has its own military seperate from the national gaurd called the texas state guard.

the Un might invade new york but ban ki moon himself has already admitted they know not to mess with Texas.

i would bet dfw alone would muster 50,000 ar15 armed Texicans ready to stand alongside local LE and texas state guard units

·
Registered
262 Posts
Dredsen, I've looked into the Texas State Guard. If I'm not mistaken, they are not specifically an "armed component". I have no doubt many of them own their own personal armament, but they are primarily a humanitarian organization. Which grieves me to no end (I'm a Texan too), but I don't think it's a real military organization like many believe it is. I think I actually called a recruiter about it, and they said that most of the TSG is not armed, though there is a very small, specially trained component that is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm confident my beloved Texas is fully capable of defending herself, but it would be through the private citizens banding together, not through the Texas State Guard (which isn't really a Guard, at least not anymore).

As much as I hate to admit it...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Mississippi has a "State Guard" as well, separate from the National Guard, and they can be armed "under special circumstances". I am sure the Texas State Guard is set up the same.

http://www.msstateguard.org/

The Mississippi State Guard (MSSG) is the constitutionally authorized State Defense Force of the state of Mississippi. Operating under the authority of the Mississippi Military Department, it is on an equal constitutional basis with the Mississippi Army National Guard, (MSARNG) and the Mississippi Air National Guard (MSANG). The Commanding General of the State Guard is appointed by the Adjutant General of the State of Mississippi, and answers directly to him. Further, all Commissioned Officer appointments and or promotions must be approved by the Adjutant General.

The Mississippi State Guard is an all-volunteer organization tasked with supplementing the forces of the Mississippi Army National Guard and/or Air National Guard upon the order of the Governor of the State of Mississippi through the Adjutant General of the State of Mississippi. While its primary mission is to assist in coping with any man-made or natural disaster, the MSSG trains to be ready to meet any assignment. As a State Guard Unit, it is not subject to any federal authority, with regard to assignment and/or control.

The Mississippi State Guard is most closely aligned with the traditional concept of 'state militia': members are volunteers, self-equipped (armed only under special circumstances, as defined in law), can only operate within the borders of the state, and are unpaid unless activated to assist or backfill the MSARNG.

The mission of the Mississippi State Guard is to establish and maintain an all-volunteer formal military organization as the state's reserve to the Mississippi National Guard (MSNG). The MSSG is to assist the MSNG with in-state missions as directed by the Governor and the Adjutant General of Mississippi. The MSSG is tasked with assuming the mission of the MSARNG should they be fully mobilized outside the state. The MSSG is similarly tasked with securing armories, assistance to Guard families, and assuming other duties until the full mobilization ceases. MSSG personnel may, at the request of the Adjutant General of Mississippi, be trained in the protection of the life and property, of the citizens of Mississippi due to natural or man-made disasters.

The Mississippi State Guard was initially established as the Home Guard by executive order in 1941, during World War II, after the Mississippi National Guard units were called to federal active duty. In 1986, when the United States Army adopted the "Total Force Concept" in which the National Guard of all states are trained as, and considered an integral part of, the active duty forces of the United States military (though remaining under State control unless activated to Federal Service), the MSSG was re-activated and re-organized as a cadre force to augment the state's National Guard Forces, as necessary, in the event of their federal deployment. U.S. Code, Title 32, Section 109, authorized the states to organize a State Defense Force (SDF) as provided by its laws. The Mississippi Code of 1972, Chapter 5, paragraph 33-5-1 thru 33-5-53 authorizes the establishment of the Mississippi State Guard.

·
Registered
689 Posts
my county leaders actually have discussed our sherrifs dept preparing to fight UN troops.

a friend of my dads was talking about a soldier being court martialed for refusing to don a blue helmet, wish i knew the name. next time we get together ill ask, anyone know of this.

the real purpose of the small arms treaty was to prevent nations and especially private rich guys from selling guns to be used in african genocide. not saying the agreements are good.

i think i would be in favor of banning weapon sales to the continent of africa but the UN treaty writers were too stuck up to listen to the NRAs revisions. we could have signed that treaty with an exemption for the people of america to keep and bear.

dont forget texas has its own military seperate from the national gaurd called the texas state guard.

the Un might invade new york but ban ki moon himself has already admitted they know not to mess with Texas.

i would bet dfw alone would muster 50,000 ar15 armed Texicans ready to stand alongside local LE and texas state guard units

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2006/feb/17/20060217-120634-6521r/

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'll just leave this here. Except for a small handful of countries most UN troops do not have the same level of training as some of us retired guys or veterans and UN troops will not have the same stomach to take up arms against American civilians as much as American civilians will take up arms against them.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
the texas state gaurd ia always armed

the actively recruit and train with their primary pull of no foreign service.

there is also a navy!

glad to see other states have them too."

http://www.txsg.state.tx.us

·
Registered
4,961 Posts

Michael New?

http://www.jefflindsay.com/MichaelNew.shtml
http://www.mikenew.com/articles.html
http://www.mikenew.com/new1.htm

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
In Pennsylvania, the statutes regarding the "Pennsylvania Guard" which hasn't really been in service since the Korean war when the 28th Div. was federalized for service in Germany.

The two statutes of note though are an authorization to request funding to equip a "State guard" the other being Authority to organize members of Sportsmans and shooting clubs with weapons deemed suitable to military use to be mobilized as "State Guard".

U.N.fortunately for our governor if UN troops arrive in my state me and my weapons will already have mobilized before he thinks of it.

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
Honestly this isn't "news" and any DDR employes would be getting deployed to places like the middle east and central Africa most likely.
That is what's really going on. While I was in Afghanistan, I was part of the DDR mission there. We received tons of weapons and inspected them. If they were serviceable, we stored them as replacements for the ANA. If they weren't, we either made them serviceable when possible, or destroyed them.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Seriously...? This is better than reading the duffel blog, you can't make up this type of dialog...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts