M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without hopes of getting into any wars about various receivers and such I merely wished to post this for some of your thoughts ...

I came across this particular reply on another board by its member ...

I do not know whether this is actually true or not nor was this proven beyond a reasonable doubt there but anythings possible today ...

What do you think ... ???

board member said:
I believe SA, Inc. has their recievers manufactured by a canadian company in quebec. They are then sent to SA, Inc. and surface finished and then finally have the reciever heel stamped with the name and serial number.
Six

·
Super Moderator
11,964 Posts
Yep its true, Differnt has all the info, Canadian parts are well made take a Canadian Arsenals barrel for exsample well know for quality, But me still thinks that all the finnish machinning is done here in the USA and this is where Springfield Inc is dropping the ball in a big-way

·
Registered
207 Posts
The M14-related parts might came from everywhere in the world. I talked to Wayne Machine at Taiwan last week. They said that they sold a lot of M14 parts to Numeric(e-Gunparts), SA, DPMS and a lot of firearm maunfacturers in the US. :wink:

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Long story short, Springfield Armory M1A receivers were:

1) Cast from before 1976 until the summer of 1996 at Gray-Syracuse in Chittenango, NY.

2) Rough machining was done at Hillside Manufacturing (Dallas, PA) from at least 1976 until the summer of 1996

3) Finish machining was done at Valley Ordnance (Wilkes-Barre, PA) from the summer of 1971 until some time between May and July, 1996.

M1A receivers are now cast at Alphacasting in St. Laurent, Quebec, Canada. Springfield Armory, Inc. took over the rough and finish machining of M1A receivers in July, 1996. The receivers have been machined at Springfield Armory, Inc. since July, 1996.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My recent production M1A has some numbers stamped on the underside of the heel but nothing that resembles any reference as to where it was made. I did however confirm directly with an SA Inc. rep at the Shot Show in Las Vegas this past spring that the M1A receivers were made (cast) in Canada. My SA Inc. Mil Spec 1911 is very lightly stamped with "Imbel - Brazil" on the bottom of the frame in front of the trigger guard. Considering the excellent quality and the price of the 1911 at $399, this is a bargain from Imbel. No complaints here. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.