M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this at my local gun store a few weeks back. It was on consignment and the previous owner shot matches with it (not sure what matches I forgot to ask the owner). I have not shot it yet but I hope to change that this weekend. All parts look to be in very good condition with little signs of use. Previous owner was the original owner, said the round count was ~700. Judging from the parts I can believe that to be close. The deal included 4 20 rounders and 4 5rounders.

I am not a fan of the stock that came with it. I think it was made to be bedded and it currently is not. I have a GI stock on order from Freds, who knows when it will come in.( going into week 3 of the wait)

The scope mount has no markings, if you know who made it please let me know. (it was just icing on the cake)

Little about her:
H&R Barrel
TRW op rod
HRT bolt
HRN trigger group
Springfield receiver born in late 1987

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks like SA 3rd Gen. mount.
You also have hooded rear sight and Globe front sight (an excellent combo).

You may want to inquire SA as to how your rifle was shipped as.
Lexi Strode at SA <[email protected]> can give you the exact manufacturing date and how it left the factory.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like SA 3rd Gen. mount.
You also have hooded rear sight and Globe front sight (an excellent combo).

You may want to inquire SA as to how your rifle was shipped as.
Lexi Strode at SA <[email protected]> can give you the exact manufacturing date and how it left the factory.
The manufacture date was April 1987 and it was shipped as a standard model. If anything was done to match ready this rifle, I cannot say what they are simply because of ignorance about the platform. The biggest thing I know, is the stock is not bedded.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess what you guys are saying is I need to do some research on this stock. :)

I do see a serial number in the stock, as of yet I do not see any other markings. Pending further review on the stock it will be staying where it is.

Can anybody give me any advice on how to make a proper id of the stock?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.