M14 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
The guy will most probably be charged with some crime, manslaughter sounds about right. The woman he shot was running away and the shooter had to chase her. Making the comment that he shot her because she was the slower runner wont help his situation.

Reactions: hammonje

·
Banned
4,581 Posts
Add a question........

Several different accounts of this occurrence. The public may never know exactly how it went down.

Let the "Law's of Nature" sort it out.... along with Darwin.

Hobo

After thought question:

Does "being pregnant" give anyone more "rights" that a non-pregnant person? I watched a case where a pregnant woman was ticketed for driving in the car pool lane. She said there were "two occupants of the car" so she could legally drive in the car pool lane. Wrong.... She was ticketed.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the guy was tired of getting robbed, and after getting beat up and slammed to the floor (apparently breaking his collar bone), he probably didn't have much restraint left. I agree though, his comments afterwards are probably going to hurt him the most.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
The homeowner better get Johnny Cochran on the line ASAP, because he is screwed.

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Sad , it's gonna be a real life changer for the 80 Y.O. , he'll probably wind up doing time for their robbery. The back shots don't look good at all & At that age he should be aware your mouth can be your own worst enemy. I don't blame him , but the law won't see it that way.

Reactions: russ0861

·
Registered
425 Posts
It will be difficult for him to make a case for self defense as the culprits were fleeing when he killed the woman. I totally agree with "Castle" laws, but there is a line when it just becomes excessive force. Someone breaks in my house, they won't live to regret it unless they can outrun a bullet. I'm not going to chase them out and shoot them in the street though. In my state Im pretty sure that an intruder must be in your house when you kill them to be able to support a self defense claim.

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
Yes, but folks don't think logically when in shock. He just had been roughed up by these two and perhaps was dazed. He is 80.

Perhaps at his advanced age he just doesn't give two $hits about what he has to say.

I doubt a jury will have much sympathy for someone that got shot as a consequence of beating up an old man and robbing his home. They did B&E his home multiple times and therefore he may have had legitimate concerns over this being repeated in the future.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Dumb [email protected]*ch got what she deserved, To bad he did not get the guy as well!! In that neighborhood I am surprised that the robbers where not of a different race and armed with illegal guns.

As Ham said, This guy is 80, Fed up and dazed from pain. At that age he probably could care less what happens now. He may be charged, But at least he got one of them.GI2

Reactions: MAC702 and jpzippo

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
80 yr old dude is screwed.

Dutch

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Should have just kept his mouth shut.
Doom on anyone that breaks into someone's house.
Not one tear should be shed.

Reactions: jpzippo

·
Registered
560 Posts
Very glad that the old man not only survived, he prevailed.
In my free state we not only have the so called castle doctrine laws, but are also free to defend ourselves on any part of our property.

That being said, I feel even here considering the information he presented directly to the media was a blunder of immense proportion. Chasing to kill and then drag the body back closer to the home is a technical No-No here.

I hope the old man does not have to spend the rest of his days behind bars.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
" He said he chased after the couple, and the woman shouted, "Don't shoot me! I'm pregnant -- I'm going to have a baby.""

Ehhhh that's not good. He also says that he dragged her back to his house. But he's also an 80 year old man who was beaten by burglars. Definitely a toss up in front of a jury.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts