804 Posts
I will third 1911A1 Match M1A rifle.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just curious though, what will the winner do, with no medal? :ROFLMAO:
m14brian
Sorry, Been busy, list has been updated and M14Brian raised a good question," What will the winner do with no medal?" I forgot this new forum doesn't offer anything I believe? Suggestions? Maybe an entry fee of $5 for every rifle that gets nominated and the winner collects the prize money? Unsure if this is allowed or not but maybe something to consider..

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,171 Posts
M14Brian raised a good question," What will the winner do with no medal?" I forgot this new forum doesn't offer anything I believe? Suggestions?
Respectfully Sir, my suggestion is since you have interaction with this function, is to start a conversation with Cricket or whatever "Admin", stating that we need to have a working system of awards back. Please bring up the point that I pointed them to an add on with a link for the forum software they use for just that, an add on program that allows Mods to issue "medals" to members. they look similar to what we had before albeit a bit more basic looking, but that's better than nothing. Other forums have it, there is absolutely NO reason we can't have it like we used to. I also pointed out to them that their "developers" work for them, and they can instruct them to make it happen. They have the technology and authority right at their fingertips. It's something that could be done in a very short period of time. I'm almost at the point of offering to pay the cost of the yearly subscription to the owners for the add on, just a last ditch effort to try to make progress on getting some normalcy back to this place. Yeah, it's only 1 thing, but it would be an additional issue solved as per my count the only issue solved that we have brought up in over a month has been the glitch for updating posts.
I am suggesting you talk to them because I did already did and it seems I got blown off. I would ask, how are you supposed to run a competition, that we've been doing for years, with no award. I have won 2x and it was fun and exciting, I want the winner of this round and the next to have the same fun and get recognition.

Thanks,
m14brian

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I agree Brian, but I am not a moderator, just a Joe Schmoe like you that volunteers to run a competition, maybe one of the mods can look into this.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
TTT

Reactions: MuppetMeat4Me

·
Premium Member
Token Libtard
295 Posts
I nominate my rifle for this quarter's competition.
Springfield Armory receiver
Springfield M21 stock (glass-bedded by our own @tonyben)
Krieger 1:10 medium-weight barrel
m14.ca CASM Gen II steel scope mount
Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16x44 FFP
m14.ca SHG-M scout rail
ShootingSight RPS trigger/hammer
Schuster adjustable gas plug
unitized front band, USN welded-method (thanks @forceman)
Ron Brown sling

I didn't know what to do for a background so I used my fiancée. Maybe that's cheating, but I use the resources I've got. ;)

The dog had to get involved, too.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I nominate my rifle for this quarter's competition. Title can be "Here honey, hold this for a sec."

Springfield Armory receiver
Springfield M21 stock (glass-bedded by our own @tonyben)
Krieger 1:10 medium-weight barrel
m14.ca CASM Gen II steel scope mount
Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16x44 FFP
m14.ca SHG-M scout rail
ShootingSight RPS trigger/hammer
Schuster adjustable gas plug
unitized front band, USN welded-method (thanks @forceman)
Ron Brown sling

I didn't know what to do for a background so I used my fiancée. Maybe that's cheating, but I use the resources I've got. ;)

View attachment 430850
View attachment 430851
View attachment 430852
The dog had to get involved, too.
Nice rifle but you need to create an album and then put a link to that album into your nomination.

·
Registered
804 Posts
21 - 40 of 51 Posts