M14 Forum banner

Thinking of Sage'ing my M21

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Freeballs DSG 
#1 ·
Not sure if its just a phase Im going through, or Im bothered by my rifle recently losing zero. Or I just want something different. I surely dont want to begin a possible never ending chase if I begin losing zero constantly. And I dont want to buy multiple scope mounts in an attempt to isolate an issue.

So for those guys that have the Sage chassis, do you ever lose zero? Whats your average MOA after switching to this chassis? I have the Krieger heavy barrel, so I know theres a certain model I need to get. I also dont want to be always worried if I leave it in the wood stock and bump the rifle, will it remain zero'd. I want to be able to enjoy shooting it,and not always troubleshooting

#5 ·
I think it's a bad move. Good idea to get a sage but don't use an m21.

You see if you had a jae and wanted to go to sage that's fine you can sell the jae and get the value back.

You can't sell an m21 stock bedded to your receiver you lose the value.

Best to sell or keep the m21 whole and get a barrelled action .

#7 ·
Yes, mainly that earlier thread. The last time I shot, the zero moved about 4" right, 4" high, and was about 4MOA at 100yds. I just dont want to start this never ending cycle of chasing a consistent zero. I want to be happy shooting the rifle, not always troubleshooting it.

#8 ·
Just the nature of the beast. It should settle in to the stock after a magazine or two then adjust your scope if necessary. That's why people say not to take them out of the bedded stock very often.

If your zero is shifting all over the place, just plain not shooting well and you know that your sights are good (try irons too) then it is time to re-do bedding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.