M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,010 Posts
get one of the books on carbines and research them out. rockola's are among the higher value carbines. was it through rebuild? that in itself can change the price by double. almost all carbines went throught post war (ww2 & korea)rebuild. if it has a bayo lug, flip safety, adj. rear sight,
'm' marked mag catch, 4 rivit guard, round bolt and a pot belly it is most likely a rebuild.

· Registered
258 Posts
A rebuild Rockola is about $800 and up. And original, is pushing north of 2k.

Assume all carbines you see are rebuilds or restorations. If you don't know how to tell a restoration, do not ever pay past a rebuild price. Because you will most likely be taken.

95% + of all carbines were rebuild.

I've looked at every carbine I have ever seen in the past 10 years. I have only seen 3 that were legit untouched original carbines. And I bought all 3. :) And if I ever see anymore, I will buy those as well. But it's been 3 out of hundreds, if not thousands.

Most being sold as original are restorations.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the description the gentlemen gave me:

It is a old NRA gun. It has no import marks. It was purchased in the 1960's directly from the NRA. It was bought for $25.
It is not all Rockola. It would be worth thousands if it was. The receiver is Rockola. It has a rare Underwood stock. Worth a lot by itself. It is a arsenal rebuild from way back. But shot very little. It has 3 or 4 magazines, all original G.I. The tool to take the gas piston apart. And the tool to take the bolt apart. And the collapsible stock. I think this stock is a police stock from the 1960's. This gun is not junk. Trust me.
Thanks, Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.