M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am jumping back and forth between selling my Polytech Sage EBR with Warbird bolt install. I really love the gun, but I feel like it does have a lot of weight for what I use it for: 3 gun matches and room clearing drills etc... My two thoughts are what is a Sage EBR worth in this climate and say if I wanted to trade for a SCAR 17s how much more cash would I need to thrown in. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Have you tried it in a synthetic stock? Even a sai crap one? Mine is very light in one with out optics. An ebr room clearing? Ehh you can go first!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Go back to wood, go to a GI or even an SAI wood or fg or use one of LAZ's chassis dont fault the rifle for the weight of the chassis.

Not trashing your idea, I just hate the thought of selling, I might be forced to and its making me sad, this just doubled it.

if you do get a SCAR, id love to see pics and hear a report

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
In this climate I would be very cautious about selling anything without a replacement lined up beforehand.

Reactions: cachunk

·
Registered
558 Posts
So I am jumping back and forth between selling my Polytech Sage EBR with Warbird bolt install. I really love the gun, but I feel like it does have a lot of weight for what I use it for: 3 gun matches and room clearing drills etc... My two thoughts are what is a Sage EBR worth in this climate and say if I wanted to trade for a SCAR 17s how much more cash would I need to thrown in. Thoughts?
1. An M14 of any configuration is too big and heavy for optimal room clearing. Consider a 10" or 12" AR15 SBR. Or an MP5.

2. The SCAR17s is fairly light and I like it. I was thinking of getting one as a hunting rifle before the market went bananas. But it is still not a room clearing too.

I have no comment on price. THere are too many variables plus forum rule.

·
Registered
590 Posts
IMHO you would likely come out ahead if you split it up.

Pull the rifle from the chassis. Swap out the op rod guide. Drop the rifle in a wood or synthetic USGI stock.

Sell the Sage chassis & op rod guide within 24 hours here if you ask a fair price.

Either sell the rifle here or put it on GB.com.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very sorry about violating the forum rule! I should have read the rules in detail before posting. Yes I would plan on buying a SCAR 17 before I would ever sell my m14. I really love my M14, but my intention from the beginning was to have a good all around rifle that was VERY reliable. I feel like the Sage EBR fits the bill if it was not for the weight... I know what my gun was worth before the panic, but I am not sure if M14 rifles have inflated like everything else. So anyways I appreciate the advise I am pretty new to M14 builds and have gained a lot of wisdom from this community.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts