M14 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
The A37 finally got a nickname? We called it 'the 6600 pound dog whistle', or the 'plane that converts fuel into noise'. That was my first YOT (you over there) as opposed to HBT (hey back there) or GIB (guy in back). Sweet bird, stable but highly maneuverable.

Reactions: SJE

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I'm also a wood guy but I have to admit that came out pretty clean and EBR-ish...

Well done!

Reactions: SJE

·
Registered
864 Posts
IMHO... I like the black. The wood will always be more classy especially a full length barrel. But the scout length is a mod' in itself so....

Also, how's that Vltor stock working for you?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Black rifles are indeed very cool, that is until you put them up against a really nice cammo or wood stocked USGI M14 clone. Then they are all cool. Like really beautiful women, viva la difference.

7th

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also, how's that Vltor stock working for you?
So far I really like the feel and weight. I was very impressed with the nice snug fit and how effortlessly the install went. It did take several attempts to get the trigger assembly into the stock but that was due more to my inexperience than the stock design. The only problem I foresee is finding an easy way to unlock the trigger guard to strip it apart for cleaning. It appears there is practically no room to get a tool between the guard and the handgrip. Maybe I can release it from inside the guard.

·
Registered
426 Posts
If you are an older man like me, then you will appreciate the lighter weight of the Black Stock. :>)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts