M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an email from gunbroker that my Ed Brown 1911 has gone bye bye. That means that Monday I will put an order in for a 22" Rock-Ola M14F 22". That will make rifle #5 at which point I think I will quit for awhile. From what I have been reading it sound like JRA has their act together.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sounds exciting! How long is the wait list these days?
I ordered a lump early this week and they had some in stock, and still have a couple 2 digit lumps left. However they said they were going to charge extra for those, I got one in the 170 range it wasn't worth the extra money to me for the 2 digit. I think they said all the way to number 186 was available.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered a lump early this week and they had some in stock, and still have a couple 2 digit lumps left. However they said they were going to charge extra for those, I got one in the 170 range it wasn't worth the extra money to me for the 2 digit. I think they said all the way to number 186 was available.
I really should build one again, but it's getting hard to find quality parts now without taking out a Mortgage. It's a shame because I have the experience and equipment including a home machine shop. Getting lazy in my old age (68) so I'll let JRA put it together.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Pick up my complete JRA 22" rifle today from my FFL! Ordered it early AM on Black Friday.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I wish i had an ed brown 1911 to sell. how much did it end up fetching if you dont mind me asking? I wouldve done the same thing, sold the pistol to fund a rockola.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
661 Posts
It would be nice if jra would start forging extractors and all the other hard to find parts or am i behind on this one

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I had the pleasure of meeting Mark with JRA yesterday at a local gun show here in SE PA. Took the time to tell him about the positive comments posted here about both his products and customer service. Seems like a very honest and down to earth guy. He indicated that he plans to get out of Maryland at some point and head to the Carolina's. Also wants to do more USGI spec parts for the M14.

He had a couple of nice M14's there, the one I looked had was stamped #29. Also several AK 47's and 74's. My buddy who is more up on AK's than I, was very impressed with the workmanship on the AK 47 he looked at. Almost bought it on the spot but when we went back today, it was gone.

JRA looks to be a rising star in all things M14.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got off the phone with Mark. Ordered a 22" Rock-Ola M14F complete barreled action. I have extra stocks and by ordering it minus the stock I saved the 11% FET. Got to think of a name for the 5th child. "Merry Christmas Everyone"................Lew

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
Nice pair of 14s Art. Is that a DOD stamp in the center of the heel? I never noticed that before. Thanks for the pic............73...DE...W2LEW
Yep. Mark made these receivers up for a group buy on Teamm14.com. I really liked the stamp so I had to have a pair for my collection. This photo shows the heal stamp a little better.
So you are another transplant judging by your call.
... -.- -.. . -. ..-. .---- .

[URL=http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_0842_zps4ce3707a.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep. Mark made these receivers up for a group buy on Teamm14.com. I really liked the stamp so I had to have a pair for my collection. This photo shows the heal stamp a little better.
So you are another transplant judging by your call.
... -.- -.. . -. ..-. .---- .

[URL=http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_0842_zps4ce3707a.jpg.html][/URL]
Ok on the group buy. Yep I brought that call with me from Long Island about 10yrs ago. Thats a call I can't change. Those receivers of yours look great. Looks like Mark got it right the 1st time. Cant wait for mine due in around the 1st of the year.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I ordered mine Thursday afternoon, my FFL called about 11:30 today and told me they just delivered it. They closed at 12:00 and I couldn't make it up there, so it looks like Thursday before I get my paws on my Rock. I am almost shocked how fast they sent mine out, that is less than 6 days. WOW!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts