M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The author starts off OK by addressing developments in funding, researching, and treating mental health issues. But then he goes wide of the mark by stating that this will do no good due to the "overabundance" and "easy availability" of guns in the US. He asserts that anyone who wants one can easily obtain one, legal or not.

http://us.cnn.com/2013/12/16/opinion/frum-mental-health-guns/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

OK folks, not asking how or any further info, just simple yes or no. How many of us would be able to easily obtain a firearm if we were legally prohibited from doing so? I actually don't know where I would go or how to do it. I don't think it would be as easy as in "Breaking Bad" or a Drake music video.

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
OK folks, not asking how or any further info, just simple yes or no. How many of us would be able to easily obtain a firearm if we were legally prohibited from doing so? I actually don't know where I would go or how to do it. I don't think it would be as easy as in "Breaking Bad" or a Drake music video.
I hear you can find them laying in the streets. I haven't witnessed this myself but I hear about it a lot.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Really couldn't say where to find an illegal gun. Don't think I would want to go to the part of town where you might find one though. It would probably get used on you.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I hear you can find them laying in the streets. I haven't witnessed this myself but I hear about it a lot.
I've been hoping to find that street myself...imagine there is good money to be made.

Reactions: GARRARD

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Ah so instead of the land of "Milk & Honey" we're the land of "Guns & Ammo"... well all I got to say about that is God Bless America

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
How many of us would be able to easily obtain a firearm if we were legally prohibited from doing so?

Easy is a sliding scale and how difficult it might be depends on why I needed it and why I was prohibited.

Short answer though...

I could.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Why do we need to look for them. As far as the news is concerned the are just gave to crazy people by gun owners and all the person does is go drop the weapon and it does all the work on its own!

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
The author starts off OK by addressing developments in funding, researching, and treating mental health issues. But then he goes wide of the mark by stating that this will do no good due to the "overabundance" and "easy availability" of guns in the US......
Sounds like the CDC has looked at enough data to understand that the proportion of 'mentally issued' who are willing to go out and shoot people is statistically insignificant.

Time to move back to an emotional angle before the reports are published.
'Easy', 'overabundance', 'on the streets', 'assault rifle', 'undetectable gun',.... require no numerical qualifiers...simply intended to prey on fears.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts