M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For starters, we all know the basic five main parts to a USGI Winchester rifle build are the:

1) Winchester Barrel
2) Winchester Operating Rod
3) Winchester Bolt
4) Trigger Group (with that particular K5 Safety Stamp?)
5) USGI Spec M1A Receiver

I have a few USGI Winchester parts and like myself and others will like to know more to collect the right components to build such a traditional M14/M1A rifle.GI2

Minus the genuine USGI Winchester Receiver for the most obvious reason for the civilian population not to own.GI4

Now the real question is what are the other parts with the correct stamps to make this rifle build to say to be a "Winchester Rifle?".

6) Stock with "W-W"
7) KMT buttplate
8) KMT Operating Rod
9) Winchester flash hider
10) OM rear sight base
11) Winchester gas cylinder
12)
OM Mag Release
13) OM Front Band
14)
15)
16)

Parts will be added as new parts are mentioned........Keep 'um coming. Great job so far.GI1

Mahalo's in Advanced,
M1A96819

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
You could look for a stock with the "W-W" stamp on the butt and/or the little tiny cartouche in the trigger guard area...

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could look for a stock with the "W-W" stamp on the butt and/or the little tiny cartouche in the trigger guard area...
#6) Stock with "W-W"

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are We There Yet?

Eight parts or items listed thus far..........is this Winchester Rifle build complete and or considered an all out Winchester M14/M1A build?

Any more parts needed?

Keep'um coming.DI5

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are we there yet?.........so the parts listed so far constitutes a Winchester build? I do not think so.

I have not seen anyone from The Pro Shop chime in here, nor Veterans of this forum to say what is a Winchester build and what is not. Not hitting the hornets net, just need the right info.

Reason for this thread is to confirm or to make a replica Winchester rifle build so no one out there says "Thats not a Winchester rifle build because of Yadda this and Yadda that..........etc."DI5

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
OOH! OOH! Me, me!

A stack of OM magazines. GI7

·
Premium Member
4,190 Posts
winchester build

Where and how is the front band and mag release marked,wasnt aware these parts were ever marked,some pics would be great.Also how do you tell a Winchester flash hider.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
A lot of these parts aren't marked. The only way to know is if you get the parts new in the wrapper and the wrapper has a manufacturer or contract number on it that identifies.

I have a can of 2 new gas cylinders, they are unmarked but Different was able to ID the contract number marked on the can as a Winchester contract... therefore Winchester gas cylinders.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Verification

A lot of these parts aren't marked. The only way to know is if you get the parts new in the wrapper and the wrapper has a manufacturer or contract number on it that identifies.

I have a can of 2 new gas cylinders, they are unmarked but Different was able to ID the contract number marked on the can as a Winchester contract... therefore Winchester gas cylinders.
So in others words.........Take photos of the unopened wrapped parts and have all parts in question verified and or ID?

Is there a listing to what are the Winchester Parts some where?

·
Registered
210 Posts
My Win. GasCylinder is marked just between were the lock end and the end that slides on the barrel.It has a P W in a circle.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Op, updates on this build? Im planning a winchester build for my rockola receiver. I appreciate the research that went into this!

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Lundquist Tool Co. made solid spring guides for WRA (OLIN ) I used one new from the wrap and marked .
Very few stocks are marked WW most are just tiny DAS mark in trigger inlet and they have a distinct shape to the stock. There are two types of stocks one with extra cutout behind trigger guard and one without. I've had both types marked with DAS

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
when you say "USGI spec M1A receiver" which manufacturer are you refering to?. sounds like its gonna be a bad ass build and Im trying to picture every little detail in my very curious brain

1 - 20 of 23 Posts