M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good to hear (I'm new to this platform). I was pointed to this forum specifically to get information about chassis options for my M1A. The JAE100G3 is the one I like, but I read that they had gone out of business.

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
Good to hear (I'm new to this platform). I was pointed to this forum specifically to get information about chassis options for my M1A. The JAE100G3 is the one I like, but I read that they had gone out of business.
They sold their chassis design to MDT. But if you are looking to put your super match into a chassis you might want to reconsider that change. That super match you have is a fine rifle in a fine stock as it is.

I have 2 JAE stocks and a Mac. I consider The JAE stock to be the best chassis available. But I would never breakdown a supermatch to put into a JAE. Better to build another rifle , or sell the supermatch as is to build another rifle with the JAE.
Just my opinion...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Moses, before you go full retard on us here, that's an very pretty rifle to "improve" with a chassis. Why not hang on to her and get another to put into a JAE?
"Full Retard" is my middle name.
I'm just considering option for now. I'm not a huge fan of that McMillan stock. I know it a "good one", but I obviously don't have a great understanding of the quality of rifle I have right now. Trying to learn a lot more before I change anything (if I do at all).

·
Registered
8 Posts
They sold their chassis design to MDT. But if you are looking to put your super match into a chassis you might want to reconsider that change. That super match you have is a fine rifle in a fine stock as it is.

I have 2 JAE stocks and a Mac. I consider The JAE stock to be the best chassis available. But I would never breakdown a supermatch to put into a JAE. Better to build another rifle , or sell the supermatch as is to build another rifle with the JAE.
Just my opinion...
Thanks for sharing your opinion. That's why I'm here. I obviously have lots to learn.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
I’d vote for getting another rifle for a JAE chassis, too.

That supermatch and stock are married, don’t split them up

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Note: I'd go JAE100 if you have the funds, it is a worthwhile investment you won't regret- when do you see them used for sale ?

Otherwise there is a unique little stock that isn't a complete plastic fantastic like the Magpul JAE ripoff...

It's the Delta14, the Gen1 is available at $99. Great buy, any buttstock for a Mossberg 500 series is available for it.

I blew $99, found a Choate folder attachment for a 500 for $15.90 on GB shipped used, have that on there. Looks a bit like Butler Creek's folder for the 500. The end is a very strong, very stiff folder that has the look of Reese's Alpine stock.

At night it is great. I have 3 6" rails on it, and a railed handguard. One is a light, one is an IR illuminator, and one is a front vertical grip. It's an excellent working setup.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I wish MDT had kept the JAE100 stock instead of XRS, but I am glad JAE was able to sell their IP and the stock remains in production.

I wish God Speed and Fair Winds and Sunny Skies to the JAE crew. Top notch people.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I love the concept of the JAE stocks and I know they really improve M-14 accuracy but the "pistol grip" has too much rake for my and torsions my wrist into too much abduction for comfort. I know, too each his own, but it appears that the grip has that angle to conform to or at least resist the stupid anti-guns laws out in Kali.

Maybe these new guys could set up some kind of replaceable grips to get a more vertical angle, like Glocks or S & Ws or something.

Jarhead

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I love the concept of the JAE stocks and I know they really improve M-14 accuracy but the "pistol grip" has too much rake for my and torsions my wrist into too much abduction for comfort. I know, too each his own, but it appears that the grip has that angle to conform to or at least resist the stupid anti-guns laws out in Kali.

Jarhead
Believe it or not, the Magpul copy- the Archangel in shape only- had to have a spacer fit between that "pistol" grip and the rear buttstock for it to be Cali-legal.

JAE designed just the grip to be proactive and law abiding.

The abortion by Magpul/ProMag had to on the saddle between buttstock and grip had to be filled in- it was just a cheap(and not all that cheap at $200+) plastic flexi-flier.

I've said I like the two Magpul/Promag stocks I bought off here. I paid less than USGI stocks that were stripped. They have marine epoxy filler to stiffen them and bed them. The sides had initially pieces of thick aluminum flashing added via an industrial superglue. The glue failed, and I used that as an opportunity to fill in the sides with aluminum that was much thicker. The stock is STILL NOT COMPLETELY FLEX FREE. TO REMOVE FLEX, a third reinforcment needed done to make them stable. A USGI composite needs a little marine epoxy filler to stabilize it and make it a war club where you can beat someone to death with it(STOCK ONLY).

The "Archangel" is purely a POS injected molded flexi-flyer- it isn't even fiberglass reinforced poured nylon.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I didn't know Magpul had anything to do with the Archangel, where did you get that info , is there any documentation out there ?

The only real comparison of the two Stocks are looks . No comparison in price , that's for sure .

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
I didn't know Magpul had anything to do with the Archangel, where did you get that info , is there any documentation out there ?

The only real comparison of the two Stocks are looks . No comparison in price , that's for sure .
My guess is that he meant Pro-mag and simply scrambled a few letters. Can happen to anyone.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
The "Archangel" is purely a POS injected molded flexi-flyer- it isn't even fiberglass reinforced poured nylon.
Wouldn't know how to test it, but it is advertised as...

"carbon fiber and glass reinforced black polymer"

That certainly isn't the same as carbon fiber and glass fiber sheets laid into place and formed in epoxy, but for whatever it's worth, it is in fact way stiffer than the SAI synthetic stock. It's also substantially heavier than an SAI synthetic stock.

Surely it doesn't come close to what you can do with an aluminum chassis, no argument there, and I would never suggest it is even close to an equivalent to a JAE, and I don't believe anybody looking for a JAE would seriously consider the Archangel as an alternative. GI1

But on the original topic, I'm wondering when MDT might actually get them back into production. That'd be cool, no doubt.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Wouldn't know how to test it, but it is advertised as...

"carbon fiber and glass reinforced black polymer"

That certainly isn't the same as carbon fiber and glass fiber sheets laid into place and formed in epoxy, but for whatever it's worth, it is in fact way stiffer than the SAI synthetic stock. It's also substantially heavier than an SAI synthetic stock.

Surely it doesn't come close to what you can do with an aluminum chassis, no argument there, and I would never suggest it is even close to an equivalent to a JAE, and I don't believe anybody looking for a JAE would seriously consider the Archangel as an alternative. GI1

But on the original topic, I'm wondering when MDT might actually get them back into production. That'd be cool, no doubt.
I have one on my the rifle I gave to my sister. I bought it off here. Someone for whatever reason, got rid of the whole "adjustable" length of pull on it. You can see where it's been cut and when I replaced the stock's buttpad you could see the plastic, it's grain, and where it had been cut- it appeared to be one solid injected piece of plastic. It did not show any evidence of being anything more than just injected molded plastic.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I don't think it was a mistake , because he used both words .
I do appreciate the attempt to read my mind, but I didn't bother and couldn't remember which of the two purveyors of plastic crap did do it. It wasn't worth using Google Fu or Bing Fu to be absolutely correct.

I've used 2, and a I gave away 1. They're a crappy little tacticool mall ninja stock.

Magpul/ProMag, I don't care. I'm a pretty hefty lad, so please do bring quality nails and boards for the crucifixion. :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
I got a archangel for cheap and put my loaded in it and went from a tack driver
in the Walnut to a scattergun in the archangel. I'll get a JAE or MDT? whenever...
I got on their email and subscription and got a confirmation and nothing else.
In the meantime I'm going back to the Walnut....Live and learn.....Oh yeah
Listen to these guys and ask questions.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts