M14 Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've always loved the looked of the full sized traditional m14 but after getting a decent amount of trigger time behind this setup it's now my favorite m14 and I shoot the best with it by far. Before archangel came out with their cqb stock there wasn't many options for an aftermarket m14 stock with a pistol grip and adjustable stock that was affordable and light weight. I've always loved the looks of the sage ebr stock but the price and weight was too much. The archangel cqb stock is kinda ugly but it handles like a dream and doesn't add weight. Without a magazine it weighs 9.58 pounds and that's with the aimpoint. I replaced the cheesey pistol grip with a Magpul moe AK grip which is much better. The stock needed some fitting which allowed me to get a super tight fit. It doesn't seem like many other guys have bought this stock so I thought I'd give it the props it deserves View attachment 462205
View attachment 462206
View attachment 462204
View attachment 462203
View attachment 462202
I like the look of the archangel stock. I like the feel of it too with Magpul pistol grip and fore grip. Only thing I don’t like is how the stock extends down around the magazine.

But I see my solution in your pics. I just need another rifle! Nice collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
That would certainly be a determining factor. This one is set up for Service Rifle competitions.

View attachment 468548 View attachment 468549 View attachment 468550
I bought that scope on Art's Recommendation. It'd be nice if it dropped down to 1x ,but unless you're blasting at lots of stuff at throwing distance as fast as you can, it's not an issue. As far as bringing a rifle up onto a target quickly, no problem at all. Definitely a keeper. I put it on my 'charter boat' gun for 3 hour tours. I don't have a boat yet, though I did have a boating accident....

Military camouflage Helmet Wood Motor vehicle Grass

Plant Automotive tire Air gun Wood Machine gun

If you wanted the lowest mount without any potential extraction impediments, as well as minimal weight, I think it would be a Bula XM-21. I don't have an ARMS-18 for comparison, but visually they look pretty close, and when you ditch the rear peep sight altogether, you save that... I don't have hard data on this in terms of weight differences of total hardware, or exact height comparisons, just intuitive speculation.

But to get a 50mm objective bell to clear on my XM-21, I needed to get medium rings to bump it up, as low actually hit the handguard. The center of that 30mm scope is still 1/4" lower than the center of a 1" tube with low rings on my Fulton 'Brookfield Type' scope. Without the front objective, you could drop it that much further with actual low rings.

Interestingly, ARMS low rings aren't as low as Warne or EGW low rings.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I like the look of the archangel stock. I like the feel of it too with Magpul pistol grip and fore grip. Only thing I don’t like is how the stock extends down around the magazine.

But I see my solution in your pics. I just need another rifle! Nice collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I totally agree and don't like the look of how the mag well extends so far down I also would prefer a thinner profile like on a usgi fiberglass stock but since it's plastic I bet they had to make it chunky to give it rigidity. For the price it's a hell of an upgrade and I enjoy shooting it far more than my traditional m14's

41 - 45 of 45 Posts