M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone has seen this but what a farce. I like George Clooney but the movie got it all wrong when it came time for him to build this rifle. He claims it is an M-14 in the movie but it can't be. Without giving too much away I'll just say that it has a folding stock, a screw on barrel about 14 inches long and a homemade suppressor. The barrel alone gave it away because of the gas system. I don't know it could be possible but I don't think so. So what do ya'll think.GI6

·
Registered
209 Posts
I haven't seen the movie, but in the trailers and press photos that I've seen, it's using a Mini-14. I was like "What professional assassin would use a Mini-14 as a 'sniper' rifle???" I'm not saying that Mini-14s can't be accurate, but with all of the other options out there, it certainly wouldn't be my first choice.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
He does refer to it as an "M-14" at one point, but it clearly is a Mini-14. The kitchen table gunsmithing looked pretty ridiculous to me as well.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Clooney wouldn't know in a million years what he is holding. He is about as anti-gun as they come. But for a few bucks I'm sure he could change his tune til his next movie.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Clooney wouldn't know in a million years what he is holding. He is about as anti-gun as they come. But for a few bucks I'm sure he could change his tune til his next movie.
I can live without my M1A, but I won't. I can live without watching any Clooney and I do. Except for Rosemary Clooney.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
i would trust any man on the planet to spot a mini 14 when they see one, over george 'freakin' clooney. movies will say and do anything to make something more than it is. M14 sounds so much better than 'mini 14'.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Gotta' love anti's that prostitute themselves out to do a shoot 'em up movie. Sorta' shows where they set the integrity bar...

Personally, I will not give these guys my money which effectively means I have to watch them for free when they are a couple of years old. Just my stubborn way of not helping those that want to take away our freedom.

·
Non-resident by request
169 Posts
My wife and I ...

watched that piece of crap movie, what a waste of time and money... seems like pay per view has more waste of time movies than good ones. I sort of like the old movies on TCM, and the old westerns that are on this months free ewam channel or whatever it's called. Besides George Looney is a puss.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts