M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was in the market for a cheek riser, and none of the modern plastic, polymer, and nylon cheek risers looked like they belonged on this battle rifle...

So I decided to branch-out, did some searching, and came up with the ULTIMATE cheek riser...Cheek-N-Stock.

He offers leather in Tobacco Brown, Dark Brown, and Black Leather. The leather is very soft, each one is custom build based on the dimensions of our stock, and requires NO adhesive! The leather itself keeps it from slipping and is held in place on your stock by velcro. The large strips of velcro on either side allow the fit to be just right. And for the M14/M1A platform, there is a hole for the sling swivel, which even helps make sure it's aligned correctly.

I haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet, but in the hundreds of dry fires, the pad is exactly what was needed! With an ARMS #18 mount and Medium Leupold QR Rings, I purchased the 1 1/4" pad. It aligns my eye exactly where it is supposed to be, and the leather is soft and comfortable! I couldn't be happier!!

I know there are threads out there about cheek pads, and people ask ALL THE TIME about a leather pad for the M14/M1A platform. The M1D cheek pad comes up the most often, but it is NOT what is needed for an M14/M1A. The Cheek-N-Stock IS!

I just want to get the word out there that there IS a leather cheek pad made specifically for the M14/M1A platform, custom made for your EXACT stock, soft, comfortable, fairly priced, and retains the classic look for a Battle Rifle!

I hope this helps others find the right cheek pad for their scoped M14/M1A's!

http://www.cheeknstock.com/main.html

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very nice! Ill Have to check it out, I have a socom 16 and I have a trijicon RX30 reflex sight on it. It sits pretty high and a cheek weld is impossible. So if I read it correctly they can custom make it to my specs and what I need right?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
The leather does look really nice on there.

Just a headsup: The keepers on your sling shouldn't have more than 2 layers of leather through them, causes them to stretch out and makes them fairly useless when using the sling properly.

CMP has some setup instructions: http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/1907slinginstall.htm

Can also find more on the other variations using google.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, he will make it to whatever specifications you need.

I didn't know that about the sling. I'll look it up and re-sling it. Thanks for the heads up! These 1907 slings are a different beast.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Yes, he will make it to whatever specifications you need.

I didn't know that about the sling. I'll look it up and re-sling it. Thanks for the heads up! These 1907 slings are a different beast.
Took me a little while to wrap my head around mine. But now I love it. You may have to buy new keepers if they were stretched out too long. Think they're only a few bucks a piece.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anywhere specific to pick them up?

Is there a certain way to utilize the 1907 differently than a regular sling? I've been using mine like a regular nylon sling.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I believe Turner sells them, may have to email them and ask if it's not on their website.

Front frog is moved to determine the length of the sling for different positions (much like the buckle on the web sling.

Rear frog is unhooked, then re-hooked closer to the rear swivel. (The smaller section of sling just kinda sits back there. You technically don't have to rehook it, but it keeps it from getting caught on things.

If you google M1907 Sling Use there are some good articles out there.

Reactions: SaxOnTheBeach

·
Registered
668 Posts
The leather does look really nice on there.

Just a headsup: The keepers on your sling shouldn't have more than 2 layers of leather through them, causes them to stretch out and makes them fairly useless when using the sling properly.

CMP has some setup instructions: http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/1907slinginstall.htm

Can also find more on the other variations using google.
I like that cheek pad, too, may go that route when I finally add a scope.

@Saxonthebeach: did you use a youtube video to set up your sling? I put mine on the same way you did, had a helluva time getting those three layers through one of the keepers, and made me wonder if it were really the correct way to do it. I used a youtube video, maybe we got the same one.

@Dire88: thanks for the correction, I'll redo mine immediately, I don't think my keeper has stretched much yet. My only question is, it appears that the lower portion of the strap, where you make the length adjustments, might not stay hooked in place with no keeper over it and the adjoining strap, if you have a lot of slack in the sling (like for using the sling in offhand shooting). Any problems with that that you've experienced?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, I originally used a YouTube video to set it up. I just re did mine with the correct instructions. My keeps feel a little stretched, but seem to be working fine for now.

I found another YouTube video of how to use the 1907 sling the correct way. It seems to be a VERY sturdy sling platform. Though, in my reading, it seems like the using it ad it was I tended was the most effective for when you have your arms supported, like in a kneeling position.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts