M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Very nice looking weapons.

I like the clean OD look on the fiberglass stock. I am about to paint (when outdoor temps get right) and I may do that instead of camo.
Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SR420 said:
Nice trio Tony 8)

What is the overall end-to-end length of the SOPMOD when fully collapsed?

Thanks --
31.75" as shown

29.75" if I lift the cheekrest high enough to go over the heel of the receiver. Of course that only makes sense during transportation.

Take care,

Tony

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm Drooling! hmmmmm....Pistol grip. California... DOH!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SR420 said:
Law483 said:
SR420 said:
Nice trio Tony 8)

What is the overall end-to-end length of the SOPMOD when fully collapsed?

Thanks --
31.75" as shown
That's 3.25" shorter than my 18" in a SAGE.

Thank you for the info 8)
They both share the same style sliding buttstock assembly, so there is only the basic difference in barrel length and muzzle device. There is probably no difference in OAL with the SOCOM in a Sage stock. However, another atribute of the Rock gas system besides the accuracy, reliabilty with a 16" barrel, reduced felt recoil, and resulting controlabilty is the ability to run an over the barrel suppressor on a 16" barrel resulting in an approximately 8" shorter package when suppressed. (but most civilians don't own suppressors) It also puts more of the weight closer to the receiver than to the muzzle.

The main downside is that Troy only offers that configuration (but, I like that configuration!), and the SOPMOD won't fit in a standard stock. There are so many great attributes to SOPMOD that get overlooked because as much as you and I like the looks of the SOPMOD and the Sage systems, many don't. I will make custom stocks for the SOPMOD for those who want them, though.

Take care,

Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.