M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found another unicorn while browsing eBay today...a Bondhus EBR multi-tool...I couldn't pass it up at a very reasonable price...now if I can only find a Sage M14VFG....

The tool looks great and can't wait to include with my build...

Sometimes it pays off to type in Mk14 EBR into eBay...

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Thanks but I'm not sure that's the issued tool for the Mod 0.Ive got a original one and its marked MK14 EBR on the sides and appears smaller in size.
Let us know when ya get it

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Looks very similar to this…

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Whats up with the two versions that Sage sells?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe it’s for different Mk 14 designations … but they haven’t made these tools for a while now so when one comes up…you buy

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I believe it’s for different Mk 14 designations … but they haven’t made these tools for a while now so when one comes up…you buy
Sage doesnt make them anymore?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah. Those multi tools from Sage aren’t made by them…Bondhus makes it…so unless they get a large order…they won’t submit an order with Bondhus.

Same thing with pretty much all Sage EBR accessories including the VFG…they have the metal parts made but don’t have the polymer part…they haven’t for 2+ years…

The person I talked at Sage last week said that.

They also won’t have any chassis made in other colors except black and if there is a request for other colors… they aren’t anodizing them anymore but rather cerakote…which is sourced out and I believe they told me it’s a $199 or $299 upgrade.

·
Eye Master
4,039 Posts
I have had tools custom made by Bondhus. The first side with the Allens, Torx and screwdriver is easy, as these are standard tools Bondhus makes in quantity. The back side with the step drill are custom made tools, and those would need to be ordered in quantities of 500-1,000 to make sense.

That said, the step drill could be custom made with a hex drive on it, either as a spiral flute, or even as a straight flute reamer style. I wonder if there is a market for that. Reproduction tools could be made, but if the interest is in an 'original' for the sake of collectability, it would not work.

Actually, the two drill sizes are there to ream out the inside of the gas piston and are already made with handles on them as tools for the M14. The inside of the gas cylinder is 0.5000 to 0.5006 so a 1/2" reamer would do that, yet I have not seen these for sale with a handle. More research needed....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hard to tell what the market would bare on this … with so many wanting to focus on other firearm designs.

I know these tools don’t come up often so had to get it.

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,178 Posts
These tools originally sold for about $145 new. They were available from MSC Industrial Supply for awhile. I bought two FSN: 1005-01-559-1342 for the M39EMR. The primary difference between the tools I got and the one shown above is that the M39EBR tool only has five screw driver and Allen drivers while the tool shown has six.
Wood Tool Office supplies Font Metal

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
After thinking about the two different ones. The one with the torx 15 bit would be the one I would want. My Badger Ordnance scope rings using that size screw.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
US Army EBR-RI tool, plain black with no “SAGE” logo. Dated 2010. It’s the large tool.
Navy had 2 Bondus tools, one large and one small, both marked “MK 14 EBR” on one side. I don’t have either of the Navy tools, unfortunately.

Trigger Automotive exterior Gun accessory Air gun Auto part

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I don't have the Mk 14 Mod 0 manual with me, but in the Mod 2 manual, #6 is the large Bondhus EBR tool, and #7 is the small Bondhus EBR tool with the "Mk 14 EBR" script visible on the side. Wish I could find one of each tool for my replica...(Forceman likely has the small tool)
BTW, if someone knows a good source for #11, I guess I need some rail covers too.
Sleeve Font Keyboard Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

1 - 20 of 21 Posts