M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tonight on Svengoolie is that 1957 spare no expense high budget Sci Fi masterpiece The Land Unknown!
Chock fulla high dollar special effects, real reptiles for the dino fights, a T Rex suit actor, a man eating plant borrowed from a Tarzan movie & even a special cameo by the Loch Ness Monster!
Fun for the whole family!
This fine feature film deserves a spot at the top of your Gotta Watch Sci Fi bucket list for sure!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Looking back at those movies we grew up with is pretty funny.
The "special" effects are nothing compared to today's.
But as a kid they were really cool.
Lizards with all kinds of things glued to them.
Men dressed in dinosaur or Godzilla suits.
Seeing the strings on rocket ships as they flew through space.
Grandkids get a big laugh out of watching those oldies with grandpa.

·
Registered
8,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yrs ago when the kids were younger I enjoyed watching a show with them on Nickelodeon called the Angry Beavers. It was about two Beaver bros that shared a lodge. The guy who wrote the show musta had an affinity for old Sci Fi because the bros were always watching 50/s Sci Fi on their tv on the weekends! Really funny to see the fun he poked at the shows, monsters were always bonking into mics on the booms, zippers coming open & getting tangled up in the wires!
Of course as soon as the embedded spy that's in my house found out I really liked this show he reported this info to the network & they promptly cancelled it. He did the same thing to the boots I like, the only brand of Jeans that fit me right & a multitude of other things thru the years.
I REALLY would like to get my hands on that little guy...

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Looking back at those movies we grew up with is pretty funny.
The "special" effects are nothing compared to today's.
But as a kid they were really cool.
Lizards with all kinds of things glued to them.
Men dressed in dinosaur or Godzilla suits.
Seeing the strings on rocket ships as they flew through space.
Grandkids get a big laugh out of watching those oldies with grandpa.
It's like watching Start Trek TOS today. They had budget restraints even for the time, and did pretty well, considering. But an episode like Galileo 7 has a bit of unintended humor today. Maybe Arena too, with the epic battle between Shatner's Kirk and the lizard-like Gorn.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Was King Kong claymation? I remember laser beams scratched on to the film in some Sci-Fi movies. In the late 60's at 6-8 years old staying up late on Saturday night to watch Chiller Theater was the high light of my week. Scary stuff for a little tyke.

·
Registered
8,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But on the Enterprise they NEVER could get all those lights to Blink in Sequence!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts